587,920 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Added 4th axis to Robodrill T10C Fanuc 16m but cannot get MPG to move it

Added 4th axis to Robodrill T10C Fanuc 16m but cannot get MPG to move it

Hello,

I added a Tsudakoma RZ-160 rotary table to a Fanuc Robodrill alpha T10C from 1996 vintage with a 16m-c controller on it. I converted the tsudakoma to an alpha a1/3000 servo and paired it to an A06b-6079-H101 servo amp per the manual. Connected the aux functions of the table such as clamp, clamp verification switches (no dogs, no deccel but that's ok as its an absolute encoder). I adjusted all of the parameters per a setup sheet I got from Methods of a similar vintage machine - this is the type of sheet they would send out into the field to activate the 4th axis option so it seems like it has everything one would need to make it work.

I can make the rotary spin via an MDI program (G0 G91 A100.00 without issue. The encoder counts properly, it indexes to the degree its directed to, M10 to clamp, M11 to unclamp. The clamp/unclamp switches show up in diagnostic screen as registering, no servo errors, etc. I just cannot for the life of me get the manual pulse generator to control it. The operator control panel has a 4th/5th button but the machine was not originally ordered with the option. when pressed the LED lights up and the ladder appears to have all the rungs to operate it but I am not quite grasping the ladder enough to understand what is missing. I also added a RISC-B board and a data server some time ago but I don't think that would have an influence on this aspect. The MPG has always driven the X,Y,Z as it should those still work properly now - just not the A.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks,

James

Call Fanuc they have free support, even on something this old. It’s probably an K relay option that needs to be turned on.