587,449 active members*
2,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > A2100 Arrow 500 Error help

A2100 Arrow 500 Error help

Greetings to you all.

I just replaced the hard drive and mother board in my A2100 controller ( sent it out and had it done actually). I reinstalled the CPU and connected it all back up as-was.

It runs through the diagnostics no issues and gets to the "loading 2 of 12" message for the machine control and errors as follows:

Cause: A fault condition was detected in one or more of the output devices in APC Rack 0
    I have no idea what it means or where to look. Never had an error like that...or any error really other than replacing the hard drive 3 times in the last 10 years. Can someone help me understand what to look for?
    I contacted the tech that replaced the mother board and he said that it looked like a bad I/O board and that they hadn't tested it when they ran the motherboard on the simulator before sending it back BUT there was no problem with the I/O board prior...not until after the new MB and HD replacement.

We have no tech service within a couple of hundred miles so I could use some help.

Thank you all in advance.

Kentsui

apc rack 0

hello which motherboard did you have repaired? i suspect it was the realtime board. i have seen this error reported with a duff realtime even though it passed the diagnostics. it is also reported if there is no 24 volts to the i\o board. it could be the i\o board but they are one of the more reliable parts.
    regards
    mallardfizz

mallardfizz

Thanks for the reply.
    In my ignorance I have to admit that I do not know what MB was replaced.
    I had purchased a drive from a fellow on two occasions with good results and did so again but could not get the machine to come up ( blue screened). He asked that I send him the entire CPU and he diagnosed it as needing a "motherboard". I assumed there was but one really so I have to confess that I don't know. It came back and I installed it and at first I got a 44-52 Z axis Encoder Error...I cleaned the board blades and reseated them and checked all the wiring connections and that error went away but I then received the 40-33 APC error.
    I am stumped.

Kentsui

I didn't mention it but the Hardware Diagnostic Startup Status shows the High Density I/O CMHD Passed.....

there is a red light on the top light of the I/O board and a green on the bottom once the error shows up...

also seeing a red light on the top two 24VDC coil lights on the Output board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A210020103.jpg   A210020102.jpg   A210020101.jpg  

apc

hello again
    how nice to have an honest reply. we can now try to help.
    was the motherboard you replaced on the left or the right hand side of the control when you removed it?
    the board on the left (workstation) has the ps\2 , vga, parallel ports etc on the top of the board. the realtime board is on the right and only has a din keyboard socket on the top of it. the realtime board is a slave of the workstation the i\o , dv5 and pendant are slaves of the realtime. if the software does not see the realtime then it doesnt bother looking for anything dependant on it.
    sorry i'm rambling on just come in from the pub.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Cheers! Wish I had been at the pub with you! A pint sounds good about now. Had a lot of machine problems this week...

The board that is on the aluminum plate next to the hard drive cavity (the left side facing the CPU cabinet) appears to be what he replaced. He scratched a current date on it. Because I sent him the entire cabinet I just can't be sure what the heck he replaced. I have emailed him and hoped for a reply sooner but perhaps by Monday I'll have that.
    I have a friend whoe always says "If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got!" Being stubborn I tried repeating the inspection of all cabling, cleaning the blades, reseating ritual three more times to see if it would generate any new/different error but it still comes up the same way. All the software loads up fine but with the 70 Severity error it of course won't go any further than that.

Would the I/O board pass the diagnostic if it were bad?

apc rack 0

hello please send an e-mail to my address and i'll answer with some instructions to see if you have 24 volts to the input board.
    [email protected]
    regards
    mallardfizz