587,729 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

6525A suddenly doesn't move x z y axis

My 6525A worked perfect until two weeks ago. Suddenly x y z axis dont move. Panel control works perfect, and files are transmited pc to machine fine but if i press start Panel control job start counting time but axis don't move. Same for test, time counts but dont move any axis. Drives X, Z, and Y lights are on. I noticed red beam is off too.
    Here's a link to youtube video:https://youtu.be/PCLXWPCJdCo
    Thanks

Re: 6525A suddenly doesn't move x z y axis

does your machine home when you turn it on

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    does your machine home when you turn it on
    No, it doesn't, never go home. Even before failed.

Have you measured the power at the stepper drivers ?

Best regards,
    Walter

Yes, i have tested the power drive of the drivers and it's ok. 47V. I think is the 6525A board. Can I reset the board?

Have you checked out the Hardware manual of the controller e.g. " www.leetro.com/english/down/productcatalog2015/Manual/MPC6525A/Hardware%20Manual/MPC6515&6525A-Hardware%20Manual-V2.0.pdf "

There the LED meaning is explained, so maybe the limit switch inputs are triggered where no limit switches are connected ?

For me this looks like the the step impulses are not more feed to the drivers. The controller thinks then that they are moving but they do not.
    I would check if 5V at Pin4 at connectors Y3, Y4, Y5 is present. (see layout at page12 and tableat page 13 of the manual)
    (This 5V should be connected to the DIR+ and STEP+ input of the driver , so you should also be able to measure it there, against GND)
    If not, then maybe the 5V regulator on the controller has given up.

best regards,
    Walter

Thank you Walter, Limit switches are ok.
    I tested that connectors Y3, Y4, Y5 and there is not 5V, I am sure you are right, the controller has given up. I will take the controller to a technician before buy another one.
    Thanks again.

Can you do a highres photo of the controller, maybe we could figure out the 5V voltage regulator.
    If you are lucky such device could easily be replaced by yourself (if you are able to deal with a soldering iron)

Another thing came into my mind:
    Depending on the jumper setting on the controller the same 5V (as on Y3, Y4 and Y5) are even used for other components that are connected to the controller (on X2, X3, X4, X5 and Y1).
    What if one of other component connected there or at least the wire running to them has made a shortciruit on the 5V line ?

Maybe the first thing you should do it to remove all wires that are connected to the 5V lines at the controller and do again a measurement on the controllers 5V terminals.

This could be easily achived by removing jumpers:

Let me explain:
    There is a voltage regulator device in the controller that brings down the 24V (input voltage) to internal 5V voltage.

This 5V could then be configured and used for various external things:
    5V could be optional output on X2 (at Pin 5), selectable by jumper JP4 (see below)
    5V could be optional output on X3, X4 and X5 ( at Pin 5) , selectable by jumper JP1 (see below)
    5V could be optional output on Y1 (at Pin 5), selectable by jumper JP3 (see below)

Instead of 5V even 24V or 0V could be set with this jumpers:

-jumper at position 1-2 gives 24V (connected to the 24V input to the controller)
    -jumper at position 2-3 gives 5V (connected to the 5V regulator output o fthe controller
    -no jumper on 1-2 or 2-3 gives 0V

If you could check the jumper and then temporarly remove a jumper if it was set to 2-3 position (5V) would free up a maybe shortcircuited line.

best regards,
    Walter

Thanks Walter, but I don't have the controller right now, my son has taken it to the technician already.

Quote Originally Posted by Labmaster View Post
    Can you do a highres photo of the controller, maybe we could figure out the 5V voltage regulator.
    If you are lucky such device could easily be replaced by yourself (if you are able to deal with a soldering iron)

Another thing came into my mind:
    Depending on the jumper setting on the controller the same 5V (as on Y3, Y4 and Y5) are even used for other components that are connected to the controller (on X2, X3, X4, X5 and Y1).
    What if one of other component connected there or at least the wire running to them has made a shortciruit on the 5V line ?

Maybe the first thing you should do it to remove all wires that are connected to the 5V lines at the controller and do again a measurement on the controllers 5V terminals.

This could be easily achived by removing jumpers:

Let me explain:
    There is a voltage regulator device in the controller that brings down the 24V (input voltage) to internal 5V voltage.

This 5V could then be configured and used for various external things:
    5V could be optional output on X2 (at Pin 5), selectable by jumper JP4 (see below)
    5V could be optional output on X3, X4 and X5 ( at Pin 5) , selectable by jumper JP1 (see below)
    5V could be optional output on Y1 (at Pin 5), selectable by jumper JP3 (see below)

Instead of 5V even 24V or 0V could be set with this jumpers:

-jumper at position 1-2 gives 24V (connected to the 24V input to the controller)
    -jumper at position 2-3 gives 5V (connected to the 5V regulator output o fthe controller
    -no jumper on 1-2 or 2-3 gives 0V

If you could check the jumper and then temporarly remove a jumper if it was set to 2-3 position (5V) would free up a maybe shortcircuited line.

best regards,
    Walter
    HI !!

i got the same problem !!! can you help me identify the regulator that should be changed ?!

thanks a lot !!
    Carlos

The regulator is the three pin device just to the left of the RED circle. If you write down this number we can confirm this is indeed the regulator. There is a white part number printed on the device.

Russ

Russ,

should be this in the photos below ? is there any type of mesurement i can do do make sure it is bad ?!
    it reads
    AZ10855S
    3.3E1
    316JJ7

thanks a lot for the help !

You have two regulators next to each other in that photo,

AZ10855S is a 5V, 3A regulator, I can't read the text on the other regulator. My guess is that one is 3.3V

YES, you can test these with an volt ohm meter when powered up. Look at the attached PDF. The first pin of the device is Ground, second is Vout (output from regulator), and finally the third pin is Vin (input to regulator)

If you measure on DC voltages between the two outer pins you should get probably 7-12 Volts, this is the incoming voltage that needs to get regulated down to 5VDC.

Now check between Pin#1 and Pin#2 that should be 5V right on the money, if you have something else something is wrong. Get me the readings and I can help you further.

Russ

i will check now !!

thanks Russ !!

Russ,

between grd and V out - i got 3.3v
    between gnd and V in - I got 5 V
    between Vi and V ou - 1 got 1.8 v

seens strange, or the piece is ok.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by coralsign View Post
    i will check now !!
    Check it without any load first. Disconnect motors, home switches and laser connectors.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

ok !

the same values....

Check if you have DIR signals on motor signal sockets.
    When you change left move and right move (same up/down) DIR signal should change from 0V to 5V (or 3.3V).
    Also check if you have Ground (GND) everywhere that should be. GND should be common for whole machine (Mainboard, Motor Drives, Body).
    What is your electrcal system? 2 or 3 wires? If 3 check if Machine GND is connected with electrical Ground.
    Some Chinese machines do not have corret GND at Power Socket because in China there are only 2 wire systems.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Get the part number for the second regulator, I was pretty sure the small one was a 3.3v regulator and the big one was a 5v regulator. In fact the reading you got should be the exact reading on the small regulator.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 12