587,380 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy 4 axis router from China

Did anybody buy a 4 axis router from a Chinese manufacturer?
    Well, I did buy a JNC6090B router, al thought I asked for a 4 axis machine, got a 3 axis+rotary one instead. Since then, I ordered a new axis driver, but wiring it in, the rotary didn't work. Contacted the manufacturer, and they said I need a 4 axis driver( duh!!). What they done is, they sent me a new USB motion control card ( they call it a "driver"), of course it cost me $50+$25 for shipping, and "please Mike, send back the old one." After wiring it in, the A axis terminal now shows power, but now nothing else works, Mach3 doesn't home, spindle doesn't run. We think it also needs a different JiamenCNC plug in for Mach3. Or should we do a totally new installation, including Mach3?
    If anybody have such a plug in, or has a 4 axis router working, please let me know how get this problem solved.
    Mike V.

Hi,

The Jamen JNC-40M is a 4 Axis card. You need to run the installation software of the drivers and select the software installation folder to be mach3 (ie c:\mach3 or whatever folder you have installed mach3 in). Then when you plug the card into your pc's usb port, it will search for the driver. Navigate to the mach3 folder for driver location. If the installation goes well, your mach3's screen will show chinese words and characters instead of english. you can change back to english by selecting the original screen file in mach3. Best if you can perform a fresh installation of mach3 first without any profiles before you install the JNC drivers. There should be a rough english version JNC installation manual provided by the manufacturer. Follow the instructions to configure the ports and pins as well as spindle setup. In terms of wiring, i do have a wiring schematics diagram which I've drawn recently if you are interested (pm me your email). You should know that the JNC USB card needs 24V DC to power, make sure you have this or the card will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by mvoros View Post
    Did anybody buy a 4 axis router from a Chinese manufacturer?
    Well, I did buy a JNC6090B router, al thought I asked for a 4 axis machine, got a 3 axis+rotary one instead. Since then, I ordered a new axis driver, but wiring it in, the rotary didn't work. Contacted the manufacturer, and they said I need a 4 axis driver( duh!!). What they done is, they sent me a new USB motion control card ( they call it a "driver"), of course it cost me $50+$25 for shipping, and "please Mike, send back the old one." After wiring it in, the A axis terminal now shows power, but now nothing else works, Mach3 doesn't home, spindle doesn't run. We think it also needs a different JiamenCNC plug in for Mach3. Or should we do a totally new installation, including Mach3?
    If anybody have such a plug in, or has a 4 axis router working, please let me know how get this problem solved.
    Mike V.

Been there done that

:violin:Hi Friend,
    Thank you for your answer. I have done everything you say and more. Re done the installation again and again. I done the configuration exactly as it was done by the manufacturer. I'm very familiar with Mach, having used it for over 5 years. Weird things are happening now, the X axis goes in the wrong direction, no matter what I set in Mach3, the Z axis only moves down not up, the key board direction keys do not work, but can get some axis to move with the virtual MPG. I will try to do another reinstallation, if that doesn't work, than it must be the Jaimen plug in not matched to the new 4 axis board. As far as their chinglish manual, well it is almost useless unless you know Chinese.
    I would appreciate it if you could send me the wiring diagram. My email address is: [email protected]
    Sincerely, Mike

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! check this link: MUESTRA DE LA MALA CALIDAD CHINA(EVIDENCE CHINESE POOR QUALITY) | Facebook
    Mr. Qin jie sells cnc machinery of very poor quality, I bought a 4´x 8´ cnc router machine from your company, He represents the company SHANGHAI FUTURE PROSPER INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO. Address ROOM 505, BUILDING 2, MINGHUA MANSION No 525, FANGXIE ROAD, SHANGHAI, CHINA 200011, He also represents SHANGHAI WINGSPREAD MACHINERY COMPANY…….
    I have a LONG list of problems, mistakes and omissions with this machine.
    Strong vibration when the machine moves the y-axis
    Some times the machine Works
    The lubrication system was not included………..I had to buy the system and spend more of my money
    Cooling lines to the spindle are bent
    technical data and specifications for the servo-drives electronic controllers and mechanical parts for reference not included
    Manual of operation and configuration not included.
    Spare parts like ER COLLETS, BALLNOSE BITS, V BITS, 3D CARVING BITS WERE NOT INCLUDED WITH THE MACHINE…….It is assumed that should be included in the machine, JUST INCLUDED A ONE COLLET
    The linear guides and the traveller nut(In the 3 axis) are not HIWIN are MPI
    The O-ring seal of the traveller nut of the Z-axis damaged
    Proximity sensor of X axis damaged due to the malfunction of the machine
    The box that contains the touch screen system does not have external data entry ... where i'm going to upload DXF files in the computer????
    MACH 3 Illegally obtained software
    the chinese machines are a fake!!!!!!

Are you going to dig up every thread and post this? You have a large chip on your shoulder my friend.

hi, we produced 4 axis cnc router, not 3 axis plus rotary device. See the feedback photo from 4 axis cnc router user in Russia. Feedback-cnc wood router feedback/omni cnc
    Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    [email protected], Skype: omni-cnc