587,905 active members*
3,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3-D TOOL PATH

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH 3-D, 2-D WORKS FINE TOOL PATH WHEN I TRY I GET A ACCESS DENIED POP UP I WENT TO THE WEB SITE AND IT SAID TO TRY AND UPDATE THE LICENSES WHICH I DID STILL NO LUCK I THEN UPDATED THE PROGRAM, V-22 BY THE WAY. STILL NO LUCK I CALLED TECH SUPPORT THEY SENT ME A E-MAIL WITH AN UPDATE FOR THE LICENSES BUT EVERY TIME I TRIED TO UPGRADE IT KILLED THE PROGRAM, I THEN DID A SYSTEM RESTORE BACK TO BEFORE I UPDATED V-22 AND WENT BACK TO THE WEB SITE AND DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE FOR V-22 AND SAVED IT TO DESKTOP AND LOADED IT FROM THIER SAME RESULT I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT TECH SUPPORT BUT THEY ARE APPARENTLY SWAMPED WITH CALLS HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THANKS

Try turning off your firewall and antivirus and then run the update.

I had the same problem. As soon as I installed the latest update, trying to generate 3D toolpath would return the "access denied" error. It was Friday night, and I figured I was sunk, as I needed it over the weekend. But, I learn that tech support is in from 10 to 2 on Saturday. Called in and got right through to a tech. He said he would e-mail instructions to fix. Got the wrong file (predator info), called back and had to leave a message. Second e-mail arrived quickly but did not solve the issue (told me to try and update my license file online, but it wouldn't do it). Had to leave another message, then got a third e-mail with a new license update file which did solve the problem. All of this was done in no more than an hour, so my experience with tech support was good.

All I had to do was choose Update License (from the help menu), select the file just received, and click on Update. I'm running XP, for what it's worth.

Randy

tried turning off firewall and anti virus same results. with the original configration of v-22 now when i try to update from file they sent me, i get a not authorized to update licenses

bobcad called determined it was a bad dongle they are going to send me a new one

I have purchased a brand new copy of v22 Bobcad cam that comes with a dongle. The above discussions peaked my curiositya and I went to the help menu to see what happens when I try to upgrade licence. The system asked for a new licence which I do not have; why? My question is. Given that I have a recent copy of Bobcad cam v22 with the dongle, why would I need a new upgrade licence?

whoafat,

The upgrade license option is used in two cases:

1. You purchase additional modules that need to be registered.
    2. An update in the software requires that additional information be added to the dongle.

The Dongle should be in the computer when you choose to update the license. The update online button retrieves the updated file automatically. If for some reason the server is incapable of creating the proper file, BobCAD support will send you the necessary file and you will use the update option.

Regards

thansk,
    Wilfred

I recived my new dongle friday it it allowed me to create 3-d tool path once, it asked to allow access to Bobcad which I allowed, I assumed that they needed to verify the dongle. Now it will no longer create 3-d tool path. What is intresting is that I tried to use it on my 2007 version, and it works fine, go figure
    RMILES

Quote Originally Posted by reedmiles View Post
    What is intresting is that I tried to use it on my 2007 version, and it works fine, go figure

The dongle only works on the 2007. It does not effect any other versions. Or is the V22 that you are reffering to? V22 is 2007 but with certain internal changes.

the dongle works fine on the 2007 version that i have not upgraded, but will not work on the upgraded 2007 (ver 22)
    RMILES

Now I understand. So it must be a dongle update required. I did mine and did not loose any of the options I had.

if you try and update the license it kills the program
    RMILES

when I try to update the license it kills the program, and on top of that I just got a Haas tmp3 mill and it is dead in the box so I have to wait until next week to have any fun
    RMILES

I FINALLY GOT V22 WORKING AGAIN I PURCHASED LEVEL 2 SIMULATION NOW WHEN I TRY TO SIMULATE I JUST GET THE SIMULATION SCREEN NO PICTURE. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE MY GRAPHICS CARD IT IS MINUMIN SO I HAD A NEW TOWER BUILT XP64 INTEL CORE DUO 1 GIG RAM AND A 512 GRAPHIC WITH DUAL DVI STILL DOES THE SAME THING. I CALLED BOBCAD TECH THEY SENT ME A UPDATE FOR MY LICENSE NO LUCK. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS. BOBCAD TECH IS GOOD ABOUT CALLING BACK ON INTINAL CALL BUT SO FAR HAS NOT CALLED BACK IF THEY CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST CALL, SO NOW I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP
    RMILES