587,243 active members*
3,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

10M Servo Alarm SV0013

Problem:
    X-axis jogging or manual pulse generator causes a SV0013 (vrdy off) fault for ALL axes after normal startup. Y and Z axes move fine.

I have also had SV009 and SV008 alarms on the X axis when trying to re-create the problem. I can't seem to re-create this one though.

Awhile ago, I also had an "improper pulse of pulsecoder" alarm of which I don't recall the number. It was easily reset and hasn't occurred again.

After turning on the machine, I am able to jog and rapid the Y and Z axes w/o any issues. any movement of the X axis triggers the SV0013 alarm on all axes. I am able to move the X axis by approximately .005" to .010" and hear a high pitched noise coming from the motor get louder as I turn the pulse generator

I can turn the x-axis ball-screw by hand across it's full travel. It feels like the same required torque of the Y-axis.

I just re-greased the ball-screw and know that I have a fair amount of way lube getting to the sliding surfaces.

Machine:
    Kiwa Excel Center 1200 from ~1988
    Fanuc 10M
    Red Cap / AC Servo motors
    Servo Amp A16B-1100-0220
    Axis Control A16B-1211-0271
    X-Axis motor is a 5S

At this point I'm having trouble even diagnosing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This issue just HAD to happen on my first paying job out out of my garage shop.

hi
    check encoder cable and connectors.if its ok try changing X axis motor with Y or Z motor to see encoder is fine or not.

X axis motor is a 5S and the Y and Z motors are both 10 series. Can't swap them easily.

Checking the encoder cable is my next step.

Anything I can look for on the velocity control PCB or axis control PCB?

Update:
    I checked the x-axis cables for the encoder and the motor power and both are in mint condition. The raceway / energy-chain had more chips and crud than expected, but it was still pretty damn clean.

Are there any tests I can do on the motor or encoder to see if they're healthy?

I have had the motor off and it spins by hand easily. I took the cover off of the pulsecoder and everything looks clean and dry.

which led is on in drive pcb? is there any movement in monitor when you push X axis button? if position changed and then alarm appeared its encoder fault or its cable.try to change just encoder if its possible.