586,744 active members*
5,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: which cam?

which cam?

recently purchaced a dooson millturn. dual spindles two turrets with live tooling. one with y axis. currently using mastercam but looking into delcam or esprit. any opinions on which is better?

Delcam partmaker? Delcam Featurecam? which one? they all have advantage and disadvantage ...... don't know your budget and work type. I personally like Topsolid it's a complete package but too expensive for small company. Between Delcam and Esprit, I lean toward Esprit, their mill/turn option seem better.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

I was actually leaning towards partsmaker but maybe I'll look at other software a little more closely. We do low level production runs that repeat. Quantities range from 500 to 3000.

Which CAM?

You should look at all you can. You need to find something you will be happy with that you will also get the most out of support as well. DelCAM PartMaker can certainly handle the Doosan very well. We specialize in the Multi Axis machines in our division and have the full backing of the most developers of any CAM company.

Quote Originally Posted by dhutsler View Post
    I was actually leaning towards partsmaker but maybe I'll look at other software a little more closely. We do low level production runs that repeat. Quantities range from 500 to 3000.
    Bill Cain
    www.partmaker.com