586,732 active members*
3,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DRO for X3

DRO for X3

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm in the market for a 2 axis DRO for my X3. I've been looking at the MTech units on Ebay. Any red lights with the MTech products or the mtechdrostore seller on Ebay. Also, my XY travel is 16" x 5 5/8". What size scales should I get? (What is the actual scale travel vs. scale physical length?) I'm new to the DRO game. I've used one on a large Bridgeport mill and really liked it, so I thought I would add one to my X3. Any other advice or opinions on DROs. I don't want to spend more than about $600 and don't want a 3 axis.

Oh, one more thing: will a DRO with glass scales interfere with the table power feed unit? Thanks.

Surely someone has put a DRO on their X3. No one?

check out bob's site rlberg.com he has a shumatec mounted on his X3
    he doesn't have much info on it but he has contact info on his site and welcomes questions

hey mate maybe it would be somethign to consider converting your cnc to x3 and selling your power feed... a cnc sort of is a power feed / dro in its own. if could take some of the cost away from doing a cnc conversion by putting the power feed and dro money into it... it might be worth it

Check out the Shumatech Yahoo group.
    In the photo section there are several X3 scale mount ideas.
    Regards
    Geoff

darsmith,

Grizzly has a 0-6" Digital Fractional Horizontal / Vertical Remote Scale that might work for your Y axis here: http://www.grizzly.com/products/t21577.

I think these are iGaging DigiMag Remote Readouts who also makes a 0-10" unit described here: http://www.igaging.com/page2.html#MiniHigh.

Darsmith,

Check out www.dropros.com web site. Give them a call, they know which scales to use and have experience with the X3.