I'm going to be building two X2s. Why? No reason other than I want to. The first I've talked about a bit, and the second is for pure gear headed Tool Man ARROOooooo. The axis motors are Pitman 14207 24v. servo motors pushing a paltry 60 in.oz nominal. They do go up to 412 in oz at stall. When sucking 15 amps, they are spinning at 2200rpm And have 240 in oz. of torque. Looking at silly rapids of possibly 240 ipm or more.

Power supply is made from two 13.6v 20A transformers wired in series, rectifier and bank of large caps. Advanced Motion Control drives will power the servo motors. I got the Pitams for $35 for a set of three, and the servo drives for $100. And a box of nine 20A transformers for $25. The caps and rectifier are from a friend's house cleaning. Can't run servos without a control and that's a MESA 5i20, with 7i37 and 7i~~ sub boards for inputs, outputs, and analog signals to the AMC drives. (this is actually a way to learn how to install the MESA boards with a servo control system)

The table will be extended 6" with Fortal end pieces bolted to the table and bolster plate. Might as well put the bolster plate to some extra use with tying it all together. The Base will be extended 3" for 7" of Y travel. There will be a base plate the Base and extensions are bolted to, along with a rear support for the Z column. I like the way Hoss did his Z axis and will be copying it, but running the Z at 3-1. 150 ipm is plenty fast for Z. X and Y will be 2-1 as I just don't see a need for 900+ in oz. Definitely going to have limit switches!

The spindle I want to do my own Freak on by taking a M2 spindle and having a friend turn it over an inch shorter, then bore it for NMTB30 tooling. There's a KLBC board on the shelf for the spindle motor. Thinking either a thicker 3L 0140 belt, or go with a XL cogged set up. Also on the shelf is a 4 x 4 x 12 length of 6061 T6. 5" of it may become a new spindle housing so I can run dual row AC bearings on the bottom. Data sheet says 8k RPM limit, so I'll keep the revs to around 7K, but may just accept poor bearing life and scream them at as high as they will take. Still thinking on this part as single row ACs will spin to 12k. No matter what, the spindle will be shortened for NMTB30 tooling which will keep the cutters close to the spindle for rigidity.

It's all going to take time as I'm slow, finishing up a JGRO, and need to build X2 #1 first. X2 #1 is just a ho hum boring run of the mill conversion just about everyone else has been making or made. X2 #2 will be made in conjunction with but take second seat to X2 #1. "Yellow Screaming Meemee" is because I have a pint of High visibility yellow, and the iron may get a coat of it. too many red and green ones out there.