586,378 active members*
2,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 15M Problem/Option Explanation

Fanuc 15M Problem/Option Explanation

I have two similar Horizontal Machining Centers with Fanuc 15MB controls, one of them runs high speed tool paths very smooth, the other does not. Seems like high speed look ahead is turned off or something. The only option parameters that I see different are the 9106.3 and 9120.3 and 9134.0, can someone explain what these do? Machines are almost identical on control side, except one has 5 axis and one has 6 axis, some of the added axis are for controlling the pallet/tool changer, otherwise machines are standard 4 axis HMC's.

I process things at 380 IPM on the one machine without much issue but the other machine I run into stuttering issues at 80 IPM, thoughts/ideas guys?

Thanks,
    AJ

Re: Fanuc 15M Problem/Option Explanation

none of those are for high speed buffer or high speed machining. do a closer inspection of the parameters by punching them out for both machines and compare.
    we can't discuss option parameters here its top secret! ^_^
    if you want to know PM me but first punch out your parameters and compare you may be able to narrow it down yourself because the other 3 you listed are not concerning your issue.

Re: Fanuc 15M Problem/Option Explanation

https://youtu.be/d7c6q2lUWEc

Here is a video link. The entire video was done under feed and not rapid, it is an HSM path so the cutting feedrate is 180 IPM and the back feedrate is 390 IPM, i routinely do this on the "Good" machine as mentioned in my original post. I am also running this path in this video under a G05.1 P5 which is the early version of what is today known as AI Nano, I think correct me if I'm wrong. I tried running it normal, without G05.1, and no change. You can hear the air balance cylinder blowing off which i'm not sure you are supposed to, just getting this machine up and running. Something to note would be the "good" machine is slightly larger and uses a weight for counterbalance. Both machines share the same servo's on the XYZ and B axis, exact same part numbers.

Are there any parameters for the servo or acc/decel that you Fanuc experts think i could try? Maybe loosen up the allowable error to smooth things out?

It also doesn't look like any of the parameters that are different have to do with high speed machining.

Thanks,
    AJ