586,993 active members*
3,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 3 Toolpath Regen function

I have been wondering if this is how you are "supposed" to do it. I have 2 tool paths for different tools. One is an End mill, and the other is a Vee-bit. The tools are different in length. I use both tools for all different thicknesses of wood. So my question is, do I need to Regen the tool path in Mach 3 when I load the second tool path? Do I need to re-zero all 3-axis and regen the second path? Since I change the tools manually it seems like user error can cause a lot of problems. Is there a better way? I guess it I use the same size wood every time I could just set the tool properties? I am very confused on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by napsternova View Post
    do I need to Regen the tool path in Mach 3 when I load the second tool path? Do I need to re-zero all 3-axis and regen the second path?
    Why would you have to do either of these? Just load up the program that goes with the cutter you have in the machine, set the Z zero and away you go. You shouldn't ever have to re-zero the X/Y between different tool programs on the same part. (unless you had a crash, of course)

The regen toolpath is just to redraw the picture you see in the toolpath window. Sometimes you have to use this button if the toolpaths are zoomed way out. It has nothing to do with the way that the machine runs.

Paul