586,357 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnati with acramatic 900 control

cincinnati with acramatic 900 control

my dealer used the 2100 cin post for this but it still wont work correctly i have manuals for the machine ,but i still dont understand the code or maby the format it accepts on this control , the sample program in the book dont seem to be right or something or i am missing something i have a fanuc 6t control on a ikegai works great, a okuma lb15 with osp 5000 control works great there also and fadal 4020 no problems i am using mastercam x4 newly purchased, the machine accepts the code but it locks up and have to reboot the control, any help would be much appreciated,Thanks Barry

bump

anyone

Smile anyone

bump
    http://www.landwfab.com

Just some constructive criticism here. When you post, use capitals and punctuation to seperate your thoughts, otherwise you make it difficult for others to understand and effectively answer. Now on to your machine issue.

Can you successfully run any programs on it?
    Generally speaking, a control should not lock up if it doesn't like the syntax of the CNC program, it should reject it and return an error, either when trying to load the program to the foreground, or when you run the program.
    Sounds like there's something amiss with the control. Bad memory? Overheating? Bad power supply?

joe

This control has it's own little variances and it will freeze if it doesn't get the code it is looking for. I have been working with an Acramatic 900V2 control on a 5VC750 mill in my spare time for about 18mos and think I can at least point you in the right direction as far as required code goes.

What is the control on (lathe or mill, etc.)?

How do you transfer data to it (dataline, btr,tape,or MIDI)

Thank you,
    Doug

dataline

The control is a 900v2 , It is on a lathe , I dont understand how to send a program as far as the code goes, I have the settings for the program transfer, not sure what has to be sent at the top of the file , and also if it requires an eob , File name , basicly if i had a sample program I think it would help ,And also if i send a program , can u see any lines of programs to edit?

scudzuki, Also I am sorry about the grammer and punctuation, and also the error codes/ messages are input not aligned , I also get program Id missing, well if anyone is able to help , it will much be appreciated.

Thanks Barry

Hi Barry,

I am not familiar with the lathe control, but I would assume the basic comand structure will be the same. I am attaching a mill program that I use for post processor development. It should give you an idea of the basic requirements.

This code is in RS358(ISO) format.
    -end of block character "$"
    -start sequence number as well as tool changes must be an "O" instead of "N"
    If you are using a rs232 cable to transfer data into system memory it must be a null modem cable
    If you are transfering to memory via dataline(RS232) the procedure is as follows:
    PGM CONT
    TAPE (to align input)
    DATALINE(turns on recieve ready pin)
    PGM COPY
    STORE
    Enter PGM ID (press enter)
    Send program from computer
    Start
    when finished it will replace the "STOP" comand with "START"

To run program from memory:
    PGM CONT
    TAPE (to align input)
    STORE
    PGM ID You can scroll through the programs in memory with the "ADVANCE" button
    when ID displayed near bottom of screen push "TERMINATE"
    Assuming all start points are set (or axis inhibits are on)
    Press "START CYCLE"

I have made the assumption here that your marriage parameters are set correctly and that you are using the dataline option.
    Hope this gives you a starting point, if not please let me know and I will try to help you sort it out.

BTW, Siemens Support still provides free phone and/or email support for this control (as of last January) and were a great help in getting me going (not so strong on programming side though).

Thanks,
    Doug

Sorry don't think the attached file made it.

Doug

Barry,

This file doesn't have the EOB included because my DNC program adds it for me. Also need to ad two blank lines at start of program with EOB to avoid any data lost on start of transfer.

Thank you,
    Doug
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Doug,
    Thank you very much for the information, I got a few line of code in to turn on spindle , move x and z axis , return to home , turn spindle off, wow this machine is very smooth, is there a way to view program in control ?

Thanks again,

Barry