586,497 active members*
2,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry ez trak program size limit?

hi! i have a 2 axis ez trak dx machine vintage 1996. i use EZ cam express programming software. it seems anything over 140kb program will not complete the entire machining process that i load. its a simple multiple pocket program. is there a program size limit that my machine has? its frustrating the hell out of me. i do not have a manual as i bought the machine used.

Are you posting G and M code or conversational?
    A CAM system is very verbose spitting out many lines of code that is redundant.
    I used to delete quite a few lines when I was using my EZMILL.
    Try machinemanuals.net for a programming manual on CDROM.
    The limitation is the BMDC. When you load it goes to the BMDC memory. The 3 axis EZTRAKs have the ability to DNC. There is a BMDC 4 with more momory but costs as much as a used EZTRAK.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

g code

im posting g code. i draw in autocad lT and post using the EZ cam software. ive gone over the g code lines and dont see anything out of the ordinary. so basically i have to delete some of the pockets and just get the program under 140 kb and then go back and post the last few pockets that the machine wont do after reviewing the "view part" function. im not very good with the actual workings of the 386 DX system that the machine uses. i realize that an ez trak isnt a haas 8' x 4' VMC, but i would think that anything under 256 KB isnt much to ask the machine to process.

Talking hope it helps

I have had the same problem and my solution may sound sum what simple but it works for me ...... What i found is that if i rename the sequence numbers all to 1000 and run it dnc i get just about anthing to go on my two dxII's

Yes the buffer/memory of the BMDC is 256K in theory.
    If I wrote a program to drill a row of holes long hand in G and m code I could write a G83 line and each additional hole required only a position. If I used EZCAM, there would be a rapid move, a G83 definition line, a line to cancel the drill cycle, and all this repeated for each hole. Just an example of all the unnecessary code a CAM system can produce.
    The conversational side the EZTRAK can do a row of holes with one line of data. It can do a pocket with one line of data. Just maybe, this may be the way to go.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ah ha!

now i get it!! thanks for your help, both of you...

mikael

No Drip on two axis??

Why is it that you can't drip feed a two axis machine. Why didn't the Bridgeport engineers make this option available on all of the machines? Just curious. I'm not sure, but I think when you put a three axis machine into two axis mode the DNC option becomes unavailable.

???????????

Pete

Line numbering on EZtrak

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiestomp View Post
    I have had the same problem and my solution may sound sum what simple but it works for me ...... What i found is that if i rename the sequence numbers all to 1000 and run it dnc i get just about anthing to go on my two dxII's
    Check your cam program. If it has a field width of more than 4 your control will stop dead. For example 9999 is OK for a line number 10000 will stop it dead.

If, for example your line numbering is in sequences of 10 you will reach the 10000 number quickly.

I know this is an old thread but I thought this might be helpful.