586,818 active members*
4,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to BobCad

Hello everyone.
    I am trying to learn BobCad. I have Version 21.4 and the video's I have on disc are for 21.2 anyway I have noticed some differences as he walks through it. For example when i create a pocket run NC/CAM click MACRO START and put in my values when I press enter the code automatically generates. But with his version he has a TOOL CHANGE submenu pop up when he presses okay from MACRO PROGRAM START. How do I get into the TOOL CHANGE submenu? Thanks in advance everyone. Hope to learn some new software.

The Toolchange is launching from a script that the Start command or script is calling.

Scripts are loosely based on Visual Basic, but there are some big differences.
    To date, Bobcad still hasn't published a comprehensive list of commands and variables.
    But there are several ways to learn about scripting:

1. The thick yellow manual is pretty good but it may take several readings.

2. Go here : http://www.bobcadsupport.com/posts/
    and download various posts.
    They will contain prewritten scripts that you can tear into and see how they work.

3. Use the Special/NC-CAM > Record script command to create a simple script of drawing a sample box and generating code for it. Then open the script in notepad and see how things were recorded.

Warning: it takes a lot of curiosity and tenacity to really learn how scripting works, but once you understand it you can really streamline your data input and also get your G-code output exactly as you want it.