586,470 active members*
3,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Demo?

Demo?

I've seen here in the Camsoft forum, that there is a demo of their software (lite?). I can't seem to find any mention of a demo for any of their products on their site. It's not listed under the downloads section that you have to fill out the form for.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think if you go here and see the download demo's but you have to register first.
    http://www.camsoftcorp.com/
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The only things on that page (from what I can tell), are video clips and some free utilities (screen capture, cpu test, planner, etc).

Al is correct as usual.

To add to this, we also have 6 other web-sites and the best known one is www.cnccontrols.com where you can find both short and long videos to download.

We understand what you're asking, but there hasn't been a working demo offered of CNC Lite since 1998. CNC Lite doesn't offer a full simulation mode and would take hardware to see a machine move, plus there are some reseller contract issues we have to deal with.

We do have an interactive Demo CD and brochure that we can UPS you. This provides a lot of technical information, interactively with demo's that you can use as a presentation to show others. The Demo CD has about 20 videos of CamSoft retrofits made by people just like you that documented their installations using hand held video cameras. The next question we always get asked is if the Demo CD can be downloaded. No, it's massive and needs to be installed.

We also offer students and schools a Teaching Package that is really CNC Professional discounted by 90% which we don't have to pay royalties on if we can show a student or school is purchasing it.

The Teaching Package includes a fully functional CAD/CAM teaching package with graphic simulation and post processors for almost every major brand of CNC, but without hardware, so it can't move a real machine. It can write G code for these machines that will cut parts. The Teaching Package is our full version of CNC Professional and manuals, complete with ready to run CNC operator interface for 9 CNC machine types to show, test and demo with.
    It includes sample parts that you can show and demo customers with as well as a complete design CAD/CAM system to make new parts with. The package has a full CNC operator and logic simulation mode to teach CNC, simulate parts graphically and prove out , write and test I/O logic.

The cost for the teaching package is discounted 90% for universities, schools or technical institutes. It has unlimited use for 9 machine types for $495.

Let one of the ladies in the front office here know that you want a free Demo CD and we'll send one out to you.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I think the demo referred to might be when murphy was writing about setting up his user interface in the "demo" mode. Demo mode is used during configuration when you don't want to send commands to the actual motion card.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB_Design
    I've seen here in the Camsoft forum, that there is a demo of their software (lite?). I can't seem to find any mention of a demo for any of their products on their site. It's not listed under the downloads section that you have to fill out the form for.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Although Camsoft might have a video demonstration, I dont really see how they could create a "DEMO" version.
    If your application requires the control of a 2 axis CNC machining center, the last DEMO your going to want is an example of my interface. (it has nothing to do with machining parts)
    I guess the point I am trying to make is that the software can be used on any number of different applications.
    You could do something as simple as turn a light bulb on and off (that would be kind of stupid) or as complex as controlling an 8 axis CNC machining center with all the bells and whistles.

The software is a "DO IT YOURSELF" programming interface that allows the user to customize what it looks like, what it does and how it does it. Its kind of like MicroSoft Access or the other MS Office products in that you configure your interface, and place code to operate it. It looks much different of course, but the Camsoft commands are a magnatude easier to understand than anything in Visual Basic or alike.

I guess if they had an example of a Press Brake that bends metal, and you were looking to automate or control a press brake, maybe a demo would help you. But there are so many possibilities.

The "DEMO" mode that I was yaking about is a function within the programming interface that allows you to make big programming mistakes without crashing your machine and doing all kinds of damage. In the "DEMO" mode, your commands are processed as normal, but actual servo motor movement of the machine is disabled. (even though the interface thinks it moved) Demo mode is used for program design and a sort of "virtual testing".

The software is pretty cool.. Like everything else, there is a learning curve.
    If you have any kind of previous programming experience(even a tiny bit), the learning curve goes by quick because the Camsoft commands are very "english like". You dont need a bunch of hexadecimal codes or crazy stuff like that. For example: to do an "Emergency Stop" the command is simply ESTOP. If you want to wait until something happens before going forward with your code the command is simply WAITUNTIL.

Hope this helps,
    Murphy

Murphy

Well said !

Hmmmm.....I kinda like that discount to schools and students.......will you accept an alumni id or an old student id.....????? Come to think of it I've got 2 nieces at Northern Arizona University.....one in pre-law and the other in Electrical Engineering....will that help????

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX
    Hmmmm.....I kinda like that discount to schools and students.......will you accept an alumni id or an old student id.....????? Come to think of it I've got 2 nieces at Northern Arizona University.....one in pre-law and the other in Electrical Engineering....will that help????
    Okay CamSoft...you're hurting me....I've got my daughter's twins....I promise that I will train them to be CamSoft adoptees over the next 2 decades...they are only 10 months old afterall.....will that help????

I would also like to know if I could get a student package at 90% discount. I went to community college last year. If I enroll again am I eligible?

I really like your package and know a man that has your software that I have helped from time to time. I want to learn more and have my own. I have been doing CNC all my life.

I also have a daughter. I will train her better ViperTX.

Carlo

ViperTX,

We'll check into it.

Before you know it they will be formatting hard drives and creating operator screens. We'll send over a job application for you to hold onto.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    951-674-8100
    [email protected]
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Carlo,

Yes, if you can provide us with a student ID or a note on school paper from your instructor that you are back in a CNC class then you would be eligible for the 90% discount. Please contact our front office and mention the Teaching Package whenever your ready.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com