586,850 active members*
2,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Boss8 parts - what are they worth?

I picked up a E2R3 (or R2E3 - I forget the model) Series I mill. I bought it "not working, not sure why" and I have been able to get it working. It just sat for a while and the lube lines were clogged, etc. We cleaned it all up and got the spindle going, were able to get the drives going, jog the X, Y and Z axes, etc. But I learned this mill doesn't do "true" 3-axis machining, so we're retrofitting it to use Geckos. We do electronics design and some machining so this is no big deal for us.

So, given that I know the parts on the Boss8 control work, what are they worth if I sell them? I have the 3 drives, the control panel, some of the other circuit boards. I am going to use the power supply stuff, but the rest is not needed.

Only problem is the LCD has some lines "out" on it, you can make out what its saying but its got some weird pxels missing.

I figured I could sell the working parts and recoup some of the $$ I am spending on the other parts to retrofit it. So what are the parts worth?

Any comments appreciated! Thanks!!!

It is the law of supply and demand. Do a complted items search on Ebay for those items to see what they sold for. Also a place called Electrical South may buy them. They selll and repair Bridgeport boards.

There are a lot of 2.5 axis CNC machines out there doing 3D work. A program is posted on a PC and DNC to the mill. I have many mold shops in North Alabama doing this.

George