Well I now wish i hade retrofitted the Hardinge lathe. against fellow recomendations i went ahead and purched a used microkinetics CNC 1340 lathe and it has been nothing but problems. I sure i will have to re retro fit it with another controler and encoder unles i pay the 10% of 13k for the warenty transfer. I had read only good about this machine so i thought it was good but after getting it its been nothing but problems 1 was the polarity which was resolved on the x axis but also a threading issue in which after i spent $150 for which was cheap because i had posted a banner on my website but it still wasn't worth it because there only support is that i send the encoder back at a small fee. But with the issues so far i will not pay the $1,300.00 for the transfer of the waranty because from what i see so far there will only be more & more issues. I'd be better off re retrofitting this with a new controler so if you all have any ideas please let me know I'd like to run Mach 3 there software just doesn't work it times out if you know where to buy a kit let me know i should beable to use the drive i have i'll give you all the other stuff like the driverack subsystem its useless to me

Thanks for any info Austin