586,154 active members*
3,883 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How to turn on the conveyor--99 Fusion Lathe

Just got a 99 QT 250 with fusion control. It never had a conveyor and we dont remember how to turn it on so it will work in this machine. Any ideas?

We have a '98 SQT 250M w/640T Fusion...without conveyor....

I don't see an 'M' code for the conveyor in my manual,, parts catcher, yes, conveyor no. ?????

I would think that the conveyor would be programmable for lights-out production.....

Open M-code positions are M20 thru M29, "Robot command" 1 thru 10 ,, That's where I'd check to see how it's wired.....begging the question....who wired it??

Does it show up in the display anywhere? No switch on the control, I'm assuming..

Manual turn on the convey is softkey, i believe it on thirth screen if u just next(arraw key of softkey) u will see it. And for M code to turn on the convey I think m18 is on m17 is off but check your manual.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by newtexas2006 View Post
    Manual turn on the convey is softkey, i believe it on thirth screen if u just next(arraw key of softkey) u will see it. And for M code to turn on the convey I think m18 is on m17 is off but check your manual.
    My manual shows
    M16 Orient position 0degrees
    M17 Orient position 120deg
    M18 Orient position 240deg
    M19 Spindle orient

This is a 2002 manual, Mazatrol Fusion 640T 3-Axis Specification (With/Without Sub-Spindle and Y-Axis)

here's what i know

mazak chip conveyors are not that programmable. they are either on or off by switch mostly, also some have low speed and high speed and also reverse.

the recent INVERTER TYPE chip conveyors are identified by the plastic orange chain guard on the conveyor. These inverter type allow the use of a timer, found in the plc parameters, that is an interval timer - time on and time off can be adjusted.

to retrofit a non-conveyor machine probably involves a lot more than just a plug in. Mazak makes up so called "e-bills', which is basically a documented hardware and software kit for popular factory options.

i think mazak gets their conveyors from jorgenson and mayfran and one or two other big conveyor vendors.

not much help.. good luck.

-jim

I don't think Mazak has any M codes assigned to conveyor on/off. It's all in the softkey switches you get when you press the machine menu button - the one with the little wrench. as mentioned above, that will get you to the softkey switches for the conveyor to run or not.

jim