586,847 active members*
2,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bobcad support (lack of)

Has anyone had success working with the Bobcad support team?

I've logged several calls with them and either they close the case without ever calling me back. i have to continously hound them to get a technician and then when I do all he wants to do is get off the call.

My experience with Bobcad has been very dissapointing. Does anyone know how to get a better response from them?

Thanks

Mark Ishikawa
    Bobcad customer ID: 189769
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tech support.jpg  

Mark,
    I think as long as you are sending them money and continuously upgrading to the latest & greatest (about twice a year) they will help you. They sure keep calling and bugging you if you say you are thinking about an upgrade.
    Murph

bobcad lack of support

It sure would be nice if they supported their product, especilly after charging for it as an add on.

Are there others out there that are having these kind of problems?

I am having a similar problem. I am a high school student and we have a CNC machine in our carpentry shop. Myself and another student have been given the task of getting the machine running. We are using BobCAD v21 on a Windows XP platform. The machine was purchased brand new in 1999. It connects to the computer with a 25 pin to USB adaptor. We are able to generate the G-Codes and have selected the option to send them, but we cannot get the machine to move. We know that the machine works because it was running on our old platform. BobCAD support has not been able to help us and generally when they call we are not in class so it doens't matter anyway. If anyone can offer any sort of help, that would be wonderful.

thanks,
    justin.

Justin
    I am not with bobcad I am just one of there unhappy customer. But it sounds like it is in the post. if it is creating g-code is it the one for yur machines control find what they used as a post for your old platform then see if you can match that with a post for bobcad.

Like if you use a fanuc control say oi then you need a post for fanuc oi

may help
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by WCHScarpentry View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I am a high school student and we have a CNC machine in our carpentry shop. Myself and another student have been given the task of getting the machine running. We are using BobCAD v21 on a Windows XP platform. The machine was purchased brand new in 1999. It connects to the computer with a 25 pin to USB adaptor. We are able to generate the G-Codes and have selected the option to send them, but we cannot get the machine to move. We know that the machine works because it was running on our old platform. BobCAD support has not been able to help us and generally when they call we are not in class so it doens't matter anyway. If anyone can offer any sort of help, that would be wonderful.

thanks,
    justin.
    I believe your problem is in the file transfer to the machine. Do you have the baud rate, handshaking and other parameters set in bobcad to match your machine? After you get the file transferred then try to run it and see if the machine moves.

Sorry I am talking about the preditor VCNC I have never gotten it to work and show me the simulation.

I have no problem getting it to my chc I write programs at work for it when I need the. Hopefully I can do it at home now when I finally get something I want to make. maybe that cup holder for my motocycle.

Please make me a cup holder, too. I keep losing my beer whenever I do a stoppie or a wheelie.

Joe

Try posting a message on CADCAMTrainer.com. Sorin, owner of site, does the training for BobCAD. There are several very good BCC programmers over there.