586,437 active members*
3,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Looking for Bridgeport Boss mechanical parts Ser 1

Looking for Bridgeport Boss mechanical parts Ser 1

I have a stripped Bridgeport BOSS knee and saddle for a Series-I machine that I want to reassemble. I found a brand-new Y leadscrew. I need just about everything else. Especially, there are these aluminum boxes that have the bearing nest, hold the belt, and mount the motor.
    I need these boxes and everything that goes with them. I also need the bits that mount the
    X ballscrew, the ballnut yoke, and a serviceable X-axis ballscrew. I also need the pulleys and hubs. Does anyone have these parts from a machine that has been salvaged?

I have an old round-ram manual Bridgeport that I retrofitted a decade ago, but it still has the short knee, I now get only 7" of Y travel. What I want to do is put the 12" knee and BOSS saddle on my base, and then put my old table back on the BOSS saddle. I have verified all these parts will
    actually fit, somewhat to my surprise. Unfortunately the guy who gave me the knee had already gotten rid of all the small parts.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Boss 5

Jon look in the bridgeport fourm a post early today whole boss5 for $1000 Dallas Tx I know someone who partsed out a couple also Good Luck kevin