586,461 active members*
3,681 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb Hardinge T42SP (Conquest)

My T42SP stops at the same point of the program. The point where the sub-spindle is handshaking with the main spindle.
    Both spindles are turning, the sub-spindle advances toward the main spindle, and when the collet of the sub-spindle closes, the machine stops.

Has anyone had to deal with this type of problem? I replace the spindle drive because I was getting an ER--09 on the spindle display.

I found that the main spindle is running 500rpms faster than the set speed. In the pic below, you will see that the main spindle is running about 3000rpms and the sub spindle around 2499rpms whereas, the set speed is 2500rpms. The M32 command for syncing both spindles is active.

Thanks

MrWilson

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010401.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	93592

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010409.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	93655

Cool Sub-spindle out of sync with main spindle

I found that the main spindle and the sub spindle are out of sync. Does anyone know how to put them in sync? Our machinist did put the M32 command in the program however, the M7 (sub spindle in phase with main spindle) command is not in the program.

Thank you

Have you tried calling Hardinge yet? I have always found them very helpful. First thing I would do is adjust the main spindle rpm to be what it is programmed for, and then go from there. A 20% spindle error is way too much. Are you buning up any drills?

Will have to look up the M7 code. We've got 5 Hardinges with subspindles (both hydraulic and programmable) and I've never used that code in the 20 plus years I have been programming Hardinges.

Do use it on our Nakamura, but M7 shuts off high pressure coolant on that lathe. Is it for syncing odd shaped materials...hex, square, castings, etc.?

I have been on the phone with different Hardinge techs and no one has a clue on how to ressolve this issue. all of them say that it is strange how the main spindle is that far off out of sync. The M7 code is used to put the Main and sub spindle in phase. There is no phase problem so, that code won't work. I have to figure out how to adjust the Fanuc parameters for the speed offset of the main spindle. I located a couple Fanuc maintenance manuals for this controller. (YEAH) i am going to read through them to see if the answer to my problem is hidden in those pages.

Thanks for you response,

Mr Wilson

In that case a call to Fanuc might be in order, but you know that already.