586,444 active members*
3,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Is Bobcad 23 worth the upgrade over 22?

Is Bobcad 23 worth the upgrade over 22?

Thanks.

Yes.

From what I have heard, V22 was FULL of bugs. I bought V23 as a new user, and am very satisfied. If you look on their website, they don't even offer V22, but do offer V21 - that should tell you something!

I do think they should "help out" V22 owners given how bad it seems to be, but it sounds like there is no luck barking up that tree...

Just to be clear. V22 initial release had issues. By the end of the version, it had pretty much been worked out. It is a less mature package than V23. A nice upgrade. As will be V24.

If you look on their website, they don't even offer V22, but do offer V21 - that should tell you something!
    You wont find V19 though. So it tells me it is versioning. The new series is a complete re-write of the software. not an upgrade. It's normal to not carry the old version of the same software.

V21 was a mature product. Many people still use it.

Hey mcphill, looked at your page again. Great work! You should get more of your work up for us to take a peek at.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Just to be clear. V22 initial release had issues. By the end of the version, it had pretty much been worked out. It is a less mature package than V23. A nice upgrade. As will be V24.

You wont find V19 though. So it tells me it is versioning. The new series is a complete re-write of the software. not an upgrade. It's normal to not carry the old version of the same software.

V21 was a mature product. Many people still use it.

Hey mcphill, looked at your page again. Great work! You should get more of your work up for us to take a peek at.
    I'd love to put more up, just haven't had the chance to make anything! Been travelling to Europe 2-weeks on and 2-weeks off. By the time I get home, there is WAY too much on the "Honey-Do" list for me to get to MY stuff ; ) Thanks for the encouragement though... Been thinking hard about "going solo", but a steady paycheck is hard to leave...

I just upgraded to V23 from V22 after using V22 for about two years (and going through the frustrations of the early V22). I have already posted one video on my blog about V23 and will post more soon. NYCCNC.com
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Been thinking hard about "going solo", but a steady paycheck is hard to leave...
    There is something to be said for clocking out for sure! Sometimes doing it all yourself is less worth it. Honey being important here!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tikka308 View Post
    I have already posted one video on my blog about V22 and will post more soon. NYCCNC.com
    Hi Tikka308,
    I think you meant V23!

Anyway, nice intro there....Good luck with the video's.

Worth it?

Yes. Definitely.

v23

v22 had lots of bugs i would up grade.But dont pay more then 200 bucks.

Well I upgraded to V23. Is there anyway I can download the videos from Bobcad's website?

Thanks.