586,983 active members*
3,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Corrupted Data

while attempting to install the engraving demo available on the Ajax website I accidentally corrupted my data. I unknowingly had the backup program for a router that I had worked on previously on the thumb drive.

My question is does anyone know whether or not if I download the latest version of the control software from the Ajax websitewill it over right my existing data and get me back to square one? And at that point will unlock codes still work.

Dan

If what you installed was Report files from the other machine (made with F7/Utility, F7/Report) then reinstalling control software, or installing a control software update, will not help.

A Report backs up and restores your machine-specific files (configuration, parameters, tool and job setup, PLC programming, etc.).

A software update deliberately avoids replacing any of those files.

You need an earlier Report from the machine in question. If you don't have one, you are stuck re-entering all your configuration and parameter information (starting with your software unlock codes).

corrupted data

Thanks for the clarification on exactly what is backed up in the report file.

I had a knowledgeable linux friend over last night we discovered that I had put a pereod In the wrong place while trying to correct my M code section. Everything is working great now.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dandonegan View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on exactly what is backed up in the report file.

I had a knowledgeable linux friend over last night we discovered that I had put a pereod In the wrong place while trying to correct my M code section. Everything is working great now.

Dan
    Dan,

Glad to hear it. I assume you got the probe working as well?

Regards

Scott

yes everything is working perfectly now. Scott I appreciate all your help as well as the help of the group.

Dan