586,679 active members*
2,700 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > calling up a program from memory

calling up a program from memory

Maybe its me I have no clue but its seems to be getting worse and worse.

In edit or mem I can type in a program number and call it up to the run screen,
    for example o00001 cursor down.

however lately after I call a program up and try to run it lets say I am in edit when I call it up and push the memory button, the program goes away and the one that was last in there still shows. same thing if I do it opposite IE hit the edit button to edit reverts back to the old program.

when I first got the machine no problems, this all started I would say in the last 2 months. I have 16 megs of ram and about 250 programs in the machine.
    whjen it first started doing this it was maybe once a week. now its like 6 times a day. it doesnt make any difference if its right after I turn the machine on or after its run a bunch of parts. it doesnt make any difference if the usb is plugged in or not,

One note I have NEVER had the problem calling up a program from my USB to run window it has always worked.

Any ideas before I call a tech?

Delw

If you take a program from the usb you are putting it in memory thats the reason it stays there/works

The programs stored in memory, you have to select them with the cursor then press memory, the thing is you have to select them, there may be other way to do this as well
    Mactec54

I think you miss understood, UBS has nothing to do with it. kinda pretend the USB isnt even there.

I have programs stored in my memory side of the HAAS . Just get finished running lets say program o0001 and now I want to run program o0002.
    I hit either the edite or mem button type in the program number o0002 hit cursor down. program shows fine in the active (run window) then if I hit reset or edit or even memory it goes back to the old o0001 program or what ever program I had in there before I called the new program.
    it doesnt happen all the time just recently its starting to get annoyingand happens alot of times a day. most of the time I call the new program up o0002 cursor down. hit the button and run it.

I never use the tab buttons( right window) to get my stored programs from the haas memory to the active window for running, I had always used the program number then cursor down key

Delw

This is a new vf2ss got it in june

I just tryed what you have been doing & it does not work on my control I know you have a 2009 machine I have late 2008 & early 2009 so your software is most likely different to mine
    Mactec54

Mac
    you typed in the program number then hit cursor down and cant get the program?

make sure your in the run screen with the white(active being on your left) and in the edit or mem mode.

If I remember correctly we have the same software version, we took delivery in june of this year was a demo at our local HFO for a couple of months had hardley anyhours.

my software version is M16.02c build date is 10/08 on the back panel

When it comes to selecting programs from memory, I feel like both of my hands are tied behind my back when using the Haas control.
    It seemed so simple on the Fanuc.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by 706jim View Post
    When it comes to selecting programs from memory, I feel like both of my hands are tied behind my back when using the Haas control.
    It seemed so simple on the Fanuc.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with problems here.
    LIST PROG > type your program number > down arrow > SELECT PROGRAM > MEM

Then you can run it. What am I missing? Why is that so difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirchen View Post
    LIST PROG > type your program number > down arrow > SELECT PROGRAM > MEM

Then you can run it. What am I missing? Why is that so difficult?
    thats works fine I figured out how to do it just today like what you mentioned. however thats still not the point. something changed somewhere to the way I been doing it since june, I been doing it the way mentioned above ie cursor down arrow. now its giving me grief and not working consistantly.
    this is how my tech showed me to do it from the day I had teh machine delivered, just like the old fanucs,

Remember I came from the Fadal world and old fagor and yasnac stuff. I would have never bought a haas if it wasnt for geoffs posts. so far you couldnt offer me enough money for me to sell this machine. it does everything my fadal does and better.

I am not *****ing about the machine, just pointing out that something happned in the last 2 months and its getting worse (ie happening more and more) what I am getting at, is this or could this be a software error? has anyone else had problems like this?

As ckirchen has said that is how I do it & is the same as what I said in my first post I don't know any other way you can do it

I will try some different ways today to see if you can do it some other way, I tryed your way again last night & it worked only one time & would not do it again, So I think that is not the right way to be doing it.
    Mactec54

I think I figured this out, its works fine in edit, and not when in mem. so the times it didnt work I am guessing I was in mem. BTW it works on a 1 year old vf3ss and almost old vf4ss also but only when in edit.
    In mem when its looking for the program on all 3 machines it does say bad file name..

Mactec when you start up some time put your machine in edit and punch in the program number make sure you use o first and then cursor down. it sould work just fine.

Delw

The way I do it is faster than what you are doing, I don't have to put in any numbers,If you have each job/customer under a number group then it's a breeze
    Mactec54