586,556 active members*
3,332 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > eBay TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Boards
Page 6 of 7 4567
    Reading datasheet will give the most certain answers.
    0.15 Ohm will give you maximum of 3A current per coil which is the maximum of what you can get from this chip.
    3.5 A it's rated for very short period of time and it's not for a full time run.

The sellers of the low cost boards on ebay consistently over state their capability. You'll have some serious $$$ wrapped up in those motors and an aluminum machine. Spend the addition money and get gecko's or some other decent controller. You will never regret your decision and have a much better running machine. I am in no way associated with gecko, just a basement cnc geek wanting the best machine I can build and operate.

motor current question

Hi, i posted this in another thread but realised it was over a year old, so sorry for cross posting.

I have my board set up with my laser cutter.

the power supply is 12v

I have 1.2 A steppers. I am setting the current on the board to .8 amp and - have set the decay dip switches to slow and - I have set the step dip switches to 1/16.

So far this is the quietest way of running the motors and the only noise is the motor (hiss) that others have reported.

I get not vibration at all with these settings and smooth quiet operation.

I can set the current to the motors rated 1.2 a but then the vibrations are more audible again. I am using the board with a laser so holding torque isnt an issue.

My only thought is if I am harming the motors or potentially the board by under powering the motors?
    rabbit / ls3040

hi folks, .... i ordered the TB6560 Board from ebay, before that i was using a L297+L298 combination driver( created by my self). my driver was giving me 170 rpm at full torque, when i speed it more then 200 rpm then the motor losses it's torque(my motors = 280 oz-in,1.2amps).
    so guyz my question is = what is the maximum rpm that you guyz are getting from this board(at 24v) at full torque?

Quote Originally Posted by geekinesis View Post
    Hi, i posted this in another thread but realised it was over a year old, so sorry for cross posting.

I have my board set up with my laser cutter.

the power supply is 12v

I have 1.2 A steppers. I am setting the current on the board to .8 amp and - have set the decay dip switches to slow and - I have set the step dip switches to 1/16.

So far this is the quietest way of running the motors and the only noise is the motor (hiss) that others have reported.
    I get not vibration at all with these settings and smooth quiet operation.

I can set the current to the motors rated 1.2 a but then the vibrations are more audible again. I am using the board with a laser so holding torque isnt an issue.

My only thought is if I am harming the motors or potentially the board by under powering the motors?
    geekinesis ,
    if you increased the AMPs from 0.8 to 1.2 then you must set the software to increase the rpm(speed) of the motor, then you will not get any vibrations.
    i am giving this advice bcoz that worked with me. ( i was using L297+L298 driver). what is happening with you is = if you increase the amps then the torque of motor will be increased , and more torque = (little bit) more speed, and if you run the motor at the old speed( the speed at 0.8 amps) that means the motors are running at Under speed .

The main thing is = increasing the speed will solve your problem.

BY THE WAY = WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM SPEED YOU ARE GETTING? (AT WHICH V and Amp?)

I am only running the motors at 2 revolutions per second. There are connected to timing pulleys so speed ratios are small (I rev = 40mm)

I have 12v and am running the motors at 1.2a or .8A depending.

I am more interested in running at very slow speeds. Anyway I think I have a smoother system now, I adjusted the decay dip switches as well for more noise reduction.
    rabbit / ls3040

hi

I found by accident that the 16 step and 8 step dip switches are reversed on the 3 axis board.

I was wondering why my drawing was cutting at twice the size...

I think quite a few have this problem looking at posts
    rabbit / ls3040

geekinesis,
    can you plz post some photos of your driver + power supply + stepper motor + cnc machine ?

i am building a cnc mill type router (where the y is like cnc milling machine and Z-Y are like router machines ).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by geekinesis View Post
    hi

I found by accident that the 16 step and 8 step dip switches are reversed on the 3 axis board.

I was wondering why my drawing was cutting at twice the size...

I think quite a few have this problem looking at posts
    geekinesis, i have a question in my mind = i seen a lots of photos and videos of hobby cnc machine and its' driver , and i noticed that lots of guyz have a extra circuit (i think some kind of parallel port out put fillter ), so what is exactly that thing for? can it effect the driver (stepper motor) performance?

see the images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2axis_sam1.jpg   2axis_sam2.jpg   3axis_box.jpg  

DIRECTION PROBLEM HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi, i have the tb6560 board from ebay (HYU68.COM) and i've been using it for quite a long while with no issues, but 2 days ago i started to have a problem with the direction in the X axis, the big issue is that the motor only goes in one direction, and when i try to change direction in Mach3 it doesnt change... Arrghhhh!!! Please i need some help!!! Ive tested the parallel cable and the pin #7 flips alright (from 0 to 4.something as i change direction in Mach3) so the problem is the board... I dont think it is the tb6560 chip i suspect of the 74hc14n shotky trigger, well, im not sure, any toughts?? i would really neeed some help!!! i dont want to spend another $52 on these board as im a cheap ass poor mexican boy... lol... HELP
    ps. the other 2 axis work perfect at 32V (i hope i didnt fried the chip), but if the chip was fried it didnt work at all, or would it? the step and enable work fine, its only the direction...

valdi ,
    hi i am from india. i dont have this board right now. it is in the way to my home.
    will you answer some of my question?

what size of motor are you using ? and what is the max RPM you are getting(at 24V)? at which micro-stepping ?

plz kindly answer my question..

Quote Originally Posted by sizala View Post
    valdi ,
    hi i am from india. i dont have this board right now. it is in the way to my home.
    will you answer some of my question?

what size of motor are you using ? and what is the max RPM you are getting(at 24V)? at which micro-stepping ?

plz kindly answer my question..
    Im using 2.5 A nema 23 steppers so i have it set up at 75% current, 1/2 step, and when it worked i was getting 300-400 rpm (32V), pretty slow since i had 5mm ballscrew and also because i had steppers wired up in series connection so i was getting more torque and less speed but i couldnt go parallel because then i would have needed a 5A driver (more speed less torque config). If you need speed i suggest to use a belt pulley with a 2:1 ratio to double the speed or even a 3:1 or 4:1, is what i plan to do next... (cheaper than gecko, well in the short run, lol, im so poor , wish i had some cash now!)

Hey, guys, nice greetings! This is Jerry Zhang, from Beijing Borenfang Trade Co., LTD, designated supplier of the stepping motor driver IC products from Beijing Haihua Boyuan Science and Technology Development Ltd.well,recently it has launched 2 newest driver ic called the THB6064AH, THB6128 which produced by SANYO Semiconductor Co., LTD of Japan, so now the 2 models are enjoying good market in the world with high tech and quality. To know the details, contact me the ways noted below, I can guarantee the products supplied with the excellent quality, best price and service in the world.
    Or any questions, pls feel free to let me know. Glad to help and to be at your service!
    Best regards,
    Jerry Zhang

Tel: 86-010-5208-3056
    Mobile: 86-15210517247
    Mail:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by sizala View Post
    hi folks, .... i ordered the TB6560 Board from ebay, before that i was using a L297+L298 combination driver( created by my self). my driver was giving me 170 rpm at full torque, when i speed it more then 200 rpm then the motor losses it's torque(my motors = 280 oz-in,1.2amps).
    so guyz my question is = what is the maximum rpm that you guyz are getting from this board(at 24v) at full torque?

From which seller did u order the board? and the drivers?
    What was the total cost of shipment to india?
    more importantly, did it work properly?

im ordering one to mumbai, in a few days...(if my linistepper doesnt work out)

regards,
    Raj shinai.9820962109

My opinion on the TB6560 drivers is this...I purchased three two from suppliers in China. There is nothing wrong with the TB6560 IC but there are issues with the parts that they use to make the drivers. Most of the parts that they use to populate their boards cannot hold up to the amperage that is required to run the boards so you have issues from the get go. The TB6560 has a special start up sequence that is never mentioned and if you do not follow the sequence you end up having even more issue such as a burn up board. I learned the hard way. There is a supplier in Canada that sells drivers based off the TB6560, they do not use cheap parts like those found on the boards made in China and they sell their drivers for better than half what you would spend for a Chinese driver from China or from a supplier in the USA. The boards actually work and they work well if you follow their instructions. Want their contact info email me at [email protected]. When you send the email give me a reminder about this message. Now if you are looking for a better driver that cost a little more but is probably the best driver I have ever used thus far and It is a driver that I rank up their with the Gecko drivers and that would be the Xydrive. I have seen a lot of negative feedback on the Xydrive but an electronic engineer friend of mine recommend the Xydrive so I purchased a three axis driver. My machine runs like a charm. It was the best investment that I ever made. Everyone has their own opinion and that's mine. Hope y'all have a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by tracyranson View Post
    Now if you are looking for a better driver that cost a little more but is probably the best driver I have ever used thus far and It is a driver that I rank up their with the Gecko drivers and that would be the Xydrive.
    This looks like an Allegro A3977 based driver. It's not really in the same league as the Geckodrives.

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    This looks like an Allegro A3977 based driver. It's not really in the same league as the Geckodrives.
    Yes you are absolutely correct but I could not afford the Geckodrives so I chose something that was better than the Tb6560. I have not a had a single problem with the Xydrives what so ever. :cheers:

as to the problems uaually occured during in use process,stepper motor controller toast the circuits board or burnt up,or cause the noises or can not reset ect. there are 2 newest modes THB6128,SANYO brand,THB6064AH,TOSHIBA brand which are market-focused, specially launched for the users' needs with high tech,good performance,winning good reputation,now on hot sales, friends has the interest can contact me for the details.:smile:
    MSN:[email protected] Skype:jerryzhang718

Quote Originally Posted by jerryzhang12345 View Post
    as to the problems uaually occured during in use process,stepper motor controller toast the circuits board or burnt up,or cause the noises or can not reset ect. there are 2 newest modes THB6128,SANYO brand,THB6064AH,TOSHIBA brand which are market-focused, specially launched for the users' needs with high tech,good performance,winning good reputation,now on hot sales, friends has the interest can contact me for the details.:smile:
    MSN:[email protected] Skype:jerryzhang718
    Can you provide a link to the infomation for all to see?

I just have to get this off my chest about these drives from China: There is one thing the Chinese will NEVER supply and that is information, knowledge, or anything else that actually empowers you, the user, to support yourself, solve problems, and learn how to build your own drivers or repair the ones you have. They will always want you to be dependent on them for another hit of cheap, poor quality, drive electronics. Doesn't matter if it's a 6560 or a THB6128 or a THB6064AH... It's going to come with zero warranty (past the ebay return deadline) and little or no documentation on troubleshooting and repair. And here you are in the http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...or_driver.html looking for ways to fix them, and instead another guy from China is trying to sell you a different board...

After guys like Mariss (from Geckodrive) or Roman (from Linistepper and SLAm) have spent years and literally thousands of hours answering questions, writing documentation, TEACHING people how it works, how to use it, and how to REPAIR it for a few dollars, watching the sales go to China is a sadness. Not so much for them, but for YOU... You, who are spending your hard earned money on a set of crap that is likely to fail, leaving you with a sense of failure, of hopelessness, of dis-empowerment. Leaving you with no option but to buy another cheap drive, or attempt surface mount repairs... or LEARN to invest at the start in a better quality drive with a real warranty, like the Gecko, or a kit that you can easily repair (because you built the kit in the first place) for $6 in power transistors, like the Linistepper or SLAm.

Just one quick example: This machine is running on 4 SLAms.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPqCvnHWhUo]My cncs first run in 7 years with g-code - YouTube[/ame]
    Look at the SIZE of that monster! It was refurbished by a 14 year old KID who burned though 2 cheap Chinese drivers before he got some good advice and went with drivers he can (and has) repaired himself. Take a look at the video and notice the SIZE of the thing. It's solid steel. How much faster will a small mill fly? After working through all the problems (binding, power, wiring, etc...) it's cutting surf boards now... empowerment, accomplishment, education. Not some "now on hot sales" cheap (not after you have to replace them), "winning good reputation" (hours spend wondering why they don't work), drivers from China with "the problems uaually occured during in use process,stepper motor controller toast the circuits board or burnt up,or cause the noises or can not reset ect" ... huh?

How about documentation and support in actual English? That you can actually understand? With "How it works" on top of "how to repair it" on top of "troubleshooting" ALL documented. And actual support that works with you until your machine is UP.

"friends has the interest"? Really? Really!? You know what? REAL friends don't let friends buy cheap Chinese drivers. 'cause it really isn't about the drivers as much as it is about the warranty, the support, and the knowledge to make it work.

Page 6 of 7 4567