Hi all,
This is my first post here. I've been watching and learning ever since I started thinking about building a CNC router. I have it done now, and it works great! I have very little CNC experience, but have always thaught they were interesting. Now that I have my own, I feel like I can do anything with it. I have trouble deciding what to do with it next... I make a lot of prettys, and some very acurate parts so far. The possabilitys seem endless! I have entered it in Wood Magazines woodworking showdown contest to try to win a nice and much needed Jet table saw. Right now, I'm being beat out by an admittedly very nice workbench, but we'll see what happens. I guess the guy that built the workbench has more friends to vote for it daily than I do... Oh well, I'm enjoying the CNC and all it can do. If any of you would like to see it I'll give you a link right to it. http://www.woodmagazine.com/photos/w...questid=116579
I'm using Aspire to create most of my files, and that's a wonderful program. Is there no end to the possabilities with the combination of a CNC router and Aspire?
I'm just in awe of what it will do. Do I sound like a kid with a new toy, or what!
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and join in the fun and all the knowledge I find on this forum. I've gotten a lot of info during my build, and look forward to learning from and getting to know you all!
Later,
Jim