586,471 active members*
4,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 500 CT control memory module failure

Arrow 500 CT control memory module failure

I have had some issues with memory module battery life, being prompted 3 months ago to change the 4 month old batteries (Duracells). I replaced them at that time, then added a recurring appointment on my BlackBerry to remind me every 2 months to change the batteries. The machine sits powered off for weeks at a time. Last time I changed them 2 weeks ago, I was running the machine and it kept faulting out telling me the batteries were low, then the fault changed to the batteries have failed. I managed to get some batteries in it without losing the parameters that time. Went to test some NC code today and the control errored out again after 10 minutes, batteries dead again (note that the batteries I have taken out in the past measure 1.5 volts and power a flashlight just fine) so I try to get the cabinet open (which of course you can’t do without shutting the machine down) and it would not come back up, reporting “batteries on memory module failed”. I’m hoping it’s just an issue with the memory module contacts in the backplane but I ran out of time today.
    Anybody seen this error before?
    Joe

Joe, I sent you an email and it bounced back... I resent it... let me know if you did not get it. It has what should be everything you need to recover from this problem.

Kris,
    Not sure why it bounced. My domain is currently hosted at Google Apps. Maybe they're at war with Hotmail now. I emailed you with some other addresses you can send it to. Thanks, you've been a tremendous help to me already.

Joe

Re: Arrow 500 CT control memory module failure

I have the same issue, battery on memory module failed, do you know a solution??? ;D