586,113 active members*
3,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Which post process to use for Mach3

Which post process to use for Mach3

I'm attempting to learn Partmaster and taking baby steps. My first rudimentary drawings are of a simple square contour with a circular pocket. Attempts to post process this simple square contour and circular pocket job for MACH3 have resulted in Mach alerting me that there is a Zero Radius Arc Line 78 and won't further digest the G code.

I used what I thought was a Mach3 & with a second attempt a Mach2 post processor... yet both alert to this Zero Radius Arc Line situation.

Am I using the correct the post processor...???

Steve
    aka BOOMER52 >>> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=159693

I think many of us had that initial problem but its just a matter of getting the updated post. Mine has _inc on the end so maybe ask for that one.

harley4ever...

Thanks for the reply... I just looked at the listed MACH post processors and neither have an appended _inc... they are listed as M_Mach3.ppr & M_Mach2.ppr.

I'll wait and see if Dolphin Support has an answer for me as to a remedy... at least if others have had a similar problem it's not something I'm specifically doing wrong which helps to prop up my learning curve confidence. It's frustrating to duplicate exactly a tutorial and wind up with an issue that leaves you scratching your head. I've been doing that quite a bit as of late...

Steve

I solved the problem by downloading a zipped attachment of the current M_Mach3_inc post processor that I located in another post on this forum. This particular post was attempting to address a different issue but I believe the M_Mach3_inc zipped attachment that Dolphin Support supplied in response is current.

I deleted the M_Mach3.ppr and M_Mach3.ppx and replaced them with the unzipped current versions and things now appear to work correctly. My simple square contour with circular pocket cut perfectly. The learning process can now continue...

Steve