586,666 active members*
4,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Diagonal Line Coordinates and Posts

Diagonal Line Coordinates and Posts

Andre,

I found 2 items that may be bugs and are tedious enough that i can't efficiently fix them on the posted program.

rapid after tool change, ramp in, zig zag, and merge contours, anything that uses diagonal lines are giving me fits. the cam program is outputting the correct coordinates for diagonal lines and simulating them as diagonals.
    when posted, the program will put xy on one line then z on the next line. my dynapath delta 20 interprets this as one move to the xy point, then a separate z only move to the z dimension. my machine can move in 3 axes with no problem.

after tool change this is a huge problem as the control finds a random number for the undefined coordinate and usually rapids through a part. i have been fixing this as there aren't many tool changes, easy enough to fill in the missing coordinate.

for all other diagonal operations its a nightmare. zig zag or ramp entry and well as 3 axis merge contours have so many line segments that its a painful task to edit and put xyz on the same line of code.

is this something that can be changed in my Post?

The second issure is pocketing. when i'm using the "rapid at feed change plane" setting it programs motions that are above the last cut by by the distance "feed change plane" instead of z0+feed change plane. its frustrating for boomerang shaped pockets when it rapids through the side of the pocket to start the next cut. my understanding is that feed change plane is a constant above z=0, not that it changes based on the last cut.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hello Mike,

The post is easy to change, please send me the .ppr and .ppx files in the application data folder.

Pocketing :- Can you send me the job please, the .dra and the .cnc files.

[email protected]

ATB
    Andre

Andre,

i emailed you the post files as well as the pocket program i had trouble with. thanks for your quick response.

Mike