586,973 active members*
4,062 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > 15 yr Daewoo Service Enginneer

15 yr Daewoo Service Enginneer

Hi all never posted on this site before, but was very pleased to find a Daewoo/Doosan Forum.
    If anyone has issues I would be happy to help solve your problems. I will check in atleast every other day.

Chips Ahoy
    von007

Welcome! Always nice to hear the straight poop from a service tech.

I've been picking away at my Daewoo for a bit. I've got a question which is more of a Fanuc question (18t) for a Daewoo MSA 200 Puma. Is it possible to set up spindle load monitoring to stop a process if a tool is worn and is not cutting efficiently? How do I go about setting this up?

You Bet

Heres the deal, tool load monitoring is actually very common these days, if your 18 is newer side of 2000+ llok up your software version it will start with E....... go to system key>right arrow key>right arrow key>mainteance>page up a few times to 1st screen here is where to find E# let me know and ill advise from there.

von007
    Chips AHOY

Thanks von007!

When I go into the shop after this weekend I'll check out my software revision. I'm not sure if my software is current enough though. My machine was built in '97. Is it possible to update software revisions?

Hi Von,

I finally got a chance to check my software revision. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the rev' with your instructions. I don't have a "maintenance" option in the softkey selections. I'll see what I can find and put it all up for you to take a look at. Would the revision come up in the startup screen?

Hi Von,

I got the following data fishing through the systems menu:

respectively: SLOT, MODULE_ID, SERIES, VERSION

00, 00BD:40, BEB1, 0007
    0D, 00B4:67, 4067, 09

Does this info indicate my control system revision?

Thanks for your help!

hmmmm

let me check with a machine in town around same age . thats defenitely not the right stuff will check tomorrow on that age and type control.

240MS

JUST PURCHASED A 2007 240MS LOW HOURS. TRYING TO CENTER DRILL HOLDER LACKS .010 HAVING ENOUGH TRAVEL IN X. ALSO .005 IN Y. I HAVE RESET MY HARDINGE SEVERAL TIMES BUT MANUAL IS VAGUE ON PUMA. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

1. If you have question that is not related to the original question in the thread make a new thread !
    2. Make sure your post makes sense before posting to the internet!
    3. Typing in capital letters is not good internet etiquette

read this site for more information
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...age_board.html
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Hi LC,

I'm not sure I completely understand your post, but if I read you right, you're not having enough X axis travel to reach spindle centre with a stationary drill. I'm guessing you've got a subspindle (MS variant) which probably means that only half of your stations reach main spindle centre. I've noticed that this is the case with my own machine which has a VDI tool turret. My tool positions are radially staggered with some of the tool positions positioned further from the turret centre than others. Try putting your tool in an adjacent turret position which may be further from your turret centre than others. I'm not sure if BMT turrets have this issue, but my VDI definitely does.

I managed to squeeze out more X travel by changing my X axis limit parameters. This is a bit dangerous as I had to pull off the X axis cover panel and watch the ballscrew and nut with a borescope as I moved my travel limit so I was sure not to run the nut out of it's safe travel area. I also have to be mindful to fully retract the sub spindle before pushing that far down or I'll crash the subspindle. I've removed my subspindle chuck to provide more clearance to the back of the turret.

Does your 240MS have Y axis? Usually Daewoo lathes will have a Y in their variant name if you've got Y axis. If you haven't got Y axis, you'll have to either adjust your BMT tool holder (sorry, I've got no experience with BMT) to move the tool higher. For my VDI holder, I adjust the toolholder tail screws to crank the holders around a bit to raise or lower my tool edges in the Y direction. I tend to use my gang boring bar holders the most in my operations plans:

http://reliabletools.cachefly.net/it...erV09/v46h.jpg

They've got an adjustment to rotate the holder in the VDI position to make slight Y axis cutter adjustment. I either adjust the adjustment feature or try to rotate my boring bar to move the edge. Other static tools usually get shimmed to slightly adjust height.

First off, MysticMonkey is right on. It's always better to start your own thread rather than hijack one. Things can get real confusing with people responding to 2 or 3 different problems.

A 2007 240MS doesn't have a Y axis and it does have a BMT turret (not VDI) - all 12 stations are identical.

If this has been a problem since you got the machine then it is possible the previous owner bumped the X axis down onto the sub-spindle and shifted the zero, or run into the chuck jaws spinning the turret (that would explain the turret being off in Y).

You should indicate the turret in X and Z to see if the turret is out of alignment or possibly the headstock is out of alignment. If everything is square, then you should be able to reset the X home position to get things back in order.

I'll look for the procedure in the morning.

Found x limit parameter. Ok in x now. Thanks

Rev

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Hi Von,

I finally got a chance to check my software revision. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the rev' with your instructions. I don't have a "maintenance" option in the softkey selections. I'll see what I can find and put it all up for you to take a look at. Would the revision come up in the startup screen?
    MadMax
    The "softkey" should say "Maint Info"
    If this is blank, open the back of the control panel (behind the screen); the revision should be there also.
    Find it, fix it, and leave it alone. But make sure you find it, make sure you fix it, before you leave it alone.

Hello

Hello Von,

I'm new hear too. I've been running doosan and haas for 5 years+.
    nice to meet you.

Von, Very nice to have such expert advice available on the forum.

I have a late 90's Daewoo DMV400 with a Fanuc 18 M control. The 30 tool changer is full with "dedicated" tools and I have a need to add more tools to add more jobs to the work center. I have called our local service representative and he was no help.

I need to be able to get into the pocket assignment table and assign tools to specific pots. I can not find the assignment table on the control.

Any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks.

how to preview a program in puma 400L

I operate a puma 400L, it's fanuc 21i-tb controler. I don't know how to preview a program , maybe it is graph check. But when I turn to MEM, and press GRAPH, can't find exec and head