586,168 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Chinese ballscrews,ballnuts,blocks and rails?

Chinese ballscrews,ballnuts,blocks and rails?

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying chinese rails, ballnuts, blocks, bearings and ballscrews from ebay(linearmotionbearings2008 or loveshopping etc...)
    Do you think that it will be good and reliable to buy from China?
    What did you use on your cnc?
    Are you satisfied with their quality and durability?
    I am a little hesitant to proceed to purchase...

Thanks,
    Kostas.

Kostas,

I have recently purchased ball screws and bearing blocks from Chai (linearmotionbearing2008) and have been happy with both the quality and service offered. His prices are hard to beat. For what we demand of the products, intermitent / light usage, they should last for ages. In an industrial environment is another question all together. I don't know if I would be totally confident with them in a production environment, 24/7, as they don't have the runs on the board, so to say.

Scott

No 24/7 use...

Hi Scotta,

thanks for the feedback...however I am not going(at least not now) to use it 24/7 but I will use it daily...
    Currently I see it as a part time job of producing and selling some wooden products, so I think that is not insustrial production...

This is how I will use the machine, so could I be based on the chinese quality and reliability for this type of work?
    Do anyone else has feedback about their stuff and cnc?

Thanks,
    Kostas.

there are quite a few threads on cncz about chinese linear motion products and their (cheap) spindles and everyone seems pleased with their service and quality bearing in mind that the quality is middle of the road stuff but then the price you pay for it it seems to be more than good for the money. and plus theres not much in it if you're working with wood, an el cheapo linear slide/ballscrew will be good enough for wood.

Quote Originally Posted by kostas1 View Post
    Hi Scotta,

Do anyone else has feedback about their stuff and cnc?

Thanks,
    Kostas.
    I have used Chai several times now for everything from ball screws to bearings and been 100% happy with both products and service.
    My experiance is that Chai is quick and willing to sort any problems, which I,ve only had 1 out of all the times dealing with him.
    I even had no problems with 2m length ball screws, which concerned me about straightness and getting bent in transit but arrived safe and straight.

If you expect average quality you wont be dissapointed.

Dean.

I too bought ballscrews from linearmotionbearing (Chai)
    and they seem best for the money, they arrived in 10 days
    which is pretty fast for me (sent by regular mail)

some machinists which got a look
    at them and did me an end machining said they are pretty good and
    hard enough (end machined them with ceramic triangle)

Just a thought. If you order from Chai, ask him to ship the ballnuts separate from the screws. He sent mine assembled, but unfortunately the wrong way around for my machine. Now I need to turn up a core to run the nut onto to turn it around. Would have been better to ship the nut on the cardboard holder.

Scott

I think it would be too complicated to load the balls yourself,
    you could just reverse the step direction to correct rotation (lefthand-righthand) when the ballscrews are mounted

Question to others using these ballscrews, is SKF grease LGWA2 (lithium mineral based) good and is there some other which would be better choice?

Quote Originally Posted by danilom View Post
    I think it would be too complicated to load the balls yourself,
    you could just reverse the step direction to correct rotation (lefthand-righthand) when the ballscrews are mounted
    I think that he is referring to the position of the flange of the ballnut with respect to the ends of the screw. If he built the ballnut bracket expecting the flange to be nearest the motor end and the ballnut is mounted on the screw with the flange nearest the free end then things don't fit.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by danilom View Post
    (end machined them with ceramic triangle)
    I also have the same ballscrew but I haven't machined them yet. I do not understand about ceramic triangle can you give me more info?

Quote Originally Posted by 15mgtar View Post
    I also have the same ballscrew but I haven't machined them yet. I do not understand about ceramic triangle can you give me more info?
    Well its a kind of lathe tool its in a shape of a triangle prism and its made out of some sort of ceramic, I am no expert in this thats just what I have seen in my friends workshop