587,045 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: PARAMETERS

PARAMETERS

Could anyone please tell me what (friction compensation) and (D gain) do as i think that the factory settings on my 2005 TM2 have been played with, also is there any way to get the settings it left the factory with as i am the second owner of this machine and i didn`t get a disc or sheet with the parameters on.

Did you get the manual for the machine? If you did, look in the very back of the manual. All my factory parameters are listed there, but mine's an '07.

No i didn`t get the manual with the machine but got a general manual after, if its not to much trouble could you copy and send your parameters so i can compare.

Parameters

Did you by chance look in the electrical cabinet? Your machine probably came with a 3.5 floppy drive and a diskette should have been included with the machine when it was shipped from the factory. My 2008 HAAS TM-1P had a USB stick in the electrical cabinet that contained all the parameters and settings for the machine.

If that doesn't work you could call the HAAS Factory direct as they keep a record of the parameters of each machine. One of their QC guys even called me about one of the settings on my machine that may have been set incorrectly during production. He was extremely helpful and I am sure you will find someone there in customer service that will be glad to send you a copy of your parameters and settings.

Each machine can possibly have different parameters and settings depending on the options installed at the factory, so I would try if possible to get my information directly from HAAS.

Let us know how you make out.

Sorry, I just noticed you are in England. You can either contact your local HFO and e-mail the factory and I am sure you will get the help you need to get you along the way. They will even walk you through the installation process.

John

Haas machines have a big history , if those parameters are changed not do far ago , you can find that in alarm history , just hit ALARM/MESGS and right cursor then find it up.
    __
    Peter

Had a good look in electrical cabinet but no parameter sheet or disc so i will try haas, anyone know about (d gain or friction compensation) as both have been adjusted and would like to know what affect they have on machine, I read an old repair sheet that stated the d gain on the y axis had been altered fromm 4000 to 2000 but the x axis is still 4000 would this cause an imbalance, When i first got the machine the friction comp figures where set to zero by my local repair man and i didn`t get a chance to write down the figures it came with.Thanks for replying.

Are you having a problem with the machine? Why were these values changed to begin with?

The values don't have to be the same for each axis, each ballscrew/motor/ect will behave differently and should be adjusted with a precision insturment (ballbar) . But if your not having a specific problem then i wouldnt worry about what the values are.

If the values have recently been changed you can look in the history of alarms and it should state what the values were changed from, each time that they were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by pit202 View Post
    Haas machines have a big history , if those parameters are changed not do far ago , you can find that in alarm history , just hit ALARM/MESGS and right cursor then find it up.
    __
    Peter
    I got my TM-1 to go the full 710 ipm rapid. They seat them at the factory at only 200.

I agree with Awesome. The friction comp is used to adjust for wear and drag caused by the ballscrews and waycovers. This is compensated as stated by using a calibration device called a ballbar.
    As for the gains, the D gain (Parameter 17) on a Euopean CE Haas TM2 should be set to 4000. This is the factory set value. You can also visit Haas Automation's website and request a copy of your parameters at www.haascnc.com.
    As stated by others here as well you can look in your Alarm history and scroll through it looking for 900 alarms. Alarm 900 is the alarm stating a parameter has been changed in the control. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by speedrider View Post
    I got my TM-1 to go the full 710 ipm rapid. They seat them at the factory at only 200.
    HOW DO I MAKE MY TM-2 LIGHTNING FAST LIKE YOUR?!
    IS IT MULTIPLE PARAMETERS?