586,898 active members*
3,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Loading a file into Fanuc 21M

Just got my EMCO up and running, it is operating Fanuc 21M.

I have named my program 0001 and have followed the directions in the manual which concur with the steps listed hereHERE

I get error 9011 NO FILES FOUND !
    My file is on the C drive and I have tried .txt .nc .ncc and .tap file extensions
    Lastly, the system is setup for I/O drive C

Is there any reason my files simply wont load? Thanks!
    Rockcliff PE/Aluminum Router > 4'x8' CNC Router/Plasma > Manual DRO/CNC X2 > 4 Axis Syil SX3 and an Emco PC Mill 125

Is your control a 21M or 21iM? Is there a slot next to the CRT for a PCMCIA Compact Flash card? Is your program saved on the card?

21M not 21iM, its a PC based system running a Fanuc 21 "overlay" so the program has been transfered over my LAN to the computer C drive
    Rockcliff PE/Aluminum Router > 4'x8' CNC Router/Plasma > Manual DRO/CNC X2 > 4 Axis Syil SX3 and an Emco PC Mill 125

I could be wrong but I think your mistaken about the control. The 21 isn't a pc with a fanuc overlay, it is fanuc hardware based on an intel x86 CPU. Fanuc has an ethernet solution (data server), basically a mini pc based FTP server that DNC's files to the control. Perhaps this is what you have?

The directions given in that link are for transferring programs from the PCMCIA Compact Flash to the control memory. I can't find any reference to the data server in the 21M documents I have.

It turns out He is correct his machine has a emulated Fanuc 21M overlay

http://www.emco.co.uk/pdffiles/WinNC.pdf

All they do is change the keypad to suit which control your emulating

As for the Alarm 9011 I do not belive this is a Fanuc alarm but a MTB - NC - Alarm relating to the integrated HDD (which is not standard or option on a 21M)

Fanuc controls do not use filenames also they must have a standard formatting which contains the file name at the top of the program

Probably the best idea is to output a file first then copy how that one is formatted before uploading your random file

Best is to contact your local EMCo dealership

Ahh my bad. Interesting, I did not know of that product. Is it strictly for training, or is there any versions that run actual hardware/machines?

MysticMonkey's sugestion sounds like a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    ... the PCMCIA Compact Flash ...
    I saw the pdf sent by you in a different thread, regarding memory cards.
    It talks about "PCMCIA cards" and "compact flash memory cards" etc. These two are different.
    What is "PCMCIA compact flash memory card"? Is it same as the second type?

Originally, the card slot on the panel used PCMCIA Flash cards. These seem to be obsolete or at least hard to find. Most people now use Compact Flash memory cards in a PCMCIA to Compact Flash Adapter (see attached). I've had better luck with smaller capacity CF cards, but these, too seem to be getting hard to find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCMCIA Adapter and CF Card.jpg  

please mail me on [email protected] i will sure help you to loading files with the machine please clearly indicate your machine name , control PCB details etc.

you can follow the procedure like :
    Setting machine to read from ATA- SRAM or PC-card

1.With control power “OFF” insert the PC-card into the slot to the left of the LCD display. DO NOT FORCE IT, IT WILL ONLY GO ONE WAY.

2.Power up machine

3.Enable parameter write.

4.Set NC parameter #20 to 4.

5.Disable parameter write.

6.Power down machine and remove card.
    Load program from machine to ATA/SRAM/PC-card

IF YOU MESS UP AT ANY TIME WITHIN THE PROCEDURE, PRESS RESET KEY AND START OVER

1.Select the EDIT Mode.

2.Select Head 1 or 2 If control has two sides. If single side skip this line

3.Press the “PROG”(program) Hard key.

4.Press “DIR” softkey

5.Press (OPRT) soft Key

6.Press the right arrow soft key.

7.Type O-9999 (For output of all programs, Note: don’t forget the minus sign between the O and numbers) or For single program output type O#### (Where #### equals the program number you wish to output)

8.Press the “Punch” Soft Key.

9.Watch for the .”OUTPUT” in corner of screen as you press the “EXEC” Soft Key. Beware the program last punched will be called up into the memory.

10.Make sure you call up the correct program you want to run in the machine IMMEDIATELY or you will crash the machine. Do not forget to call up both heads if it is a double sided control.

11.All programs are output in a single text file on the PC Card.

Load program from ATA/SRAM/PC-card to machine.

IF YOU SCREW UP AT ANY TIME WITHIN THE PROCEDURE PRESS RESET KEY AND START OVER

Note: If you are going to load a backup file with all of the programs in one file, you may want to create a new text file and copy only the program you wish to restore. Make sure you also copy the start code and end code in the backup file. Usually % sign in beginning and end.

1.Select the EDIT Mode.

2.Select Head 1 or 2 If control has two sides. If single side skip this line

3.Press the “PROG”(program) Hard key.

4.Press “DIR” softkey

5.Press (OPRT) soft Key

6.Press the right arrow soft key.

7.Type O#### (Whatever the file name is that you wish to load into machine)

8.Press the “READ” Soft Key.

9.If program is read properly you will see the program called into memory. Beware the program last read is the program that will run if you hit cycle start. Make sure you call up the proper program to run or you will crash.

10.The program is now loaded in the machine.

Emco PC Mill is only a Fanuc look alike if hads nofhing to doo with fanuc its only looks like fanuc. you kan download the manual et Emco's home page www.emco.at if eny trobel you can send my a messigs (I'am the teknichan for danish agent). Sory for my bad enlish

Quote Originally Posted by idtkid View Post
    Just got my EMCO up and running, it is operating Fanuc 21M.

I have named my program 0001 and have followed the directions in the manual which concur with the steps listed hereHERE

I get error 9011 NO FILES FOUND !
    My file is on the C drive and I have tried .txt .nc .ncc and .tap file extensions
    Lastly, the system is setup for I/O drive C

Is there any reason my files simply wont load? Thanks!
    It is confusing that the file doesn't have an ending.
    Files are just called "O0001-O9999" not O0001.nc or cnc or something else.

And on my maschine (same as yours EMCO with fanuc 21mb) The directory is located in: "C:\winnc32\fanuc21.m\prg"
    In there, there are all my programms =)
    So if you put your file in there, you should switch to fanuc prog and Type in:

e.g.: O0001 (NOT ENTER) [Arrow Down].
    After that, you should see Programm Number on the Right Upper Corner.

Sorry my english is very bad but i hope i could help you a bit