586,497 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 5 axis indexing, not swarf, multi surface etc.

Smile 5 axis indexing, not swarf, multi surface etc.

Hello,

I'm doing a 5 axis indexing toolpath, using MX3, on a vertical mill with a indexer mounted on the right side of the table. When I post the toolpath I get b and c for my 4th and 5th axis, what I want is an A value for my 4th axis and B value for my 5th axis. Don't know if it's in my machine definition, control definition, post or something else. Also, if someone could tell me where in my post I can turn on the lock and unlock for my indexer.

Thank You,
    rroberto

:banana:

Try to release the breaks for A and B. If the break is on. A and B will want to index only. If the break is off then A and B will feed together.

Quote Originally Posted by rroberto View Post
    I'm doing a 5 axis indexing toolpath, using MX3, on a vertical mill with a indexer mounted on the right side of the table. When I post the toolpath I get b and c for my 4th and 5th axis, what I want is an A value for my 4th axis and B value for my 5th axis. Don't know if it's in my machine definition, control definition, post or something else. Also, if someone could tell me where in my post I can turn on the lock and unlock for my indexer.
    Your post is not yet configured to your machine, until you do, you will not get any A and B outputs ( just B,C ). This best done with your reseller to set-up and prove out the posted code.

Just curious, are you sure that you have a 5-axis machine, not a 3-axis with a rotary on the X-axis, if you do, then I'd say you have the wrong post

Table lock / unlock is usually in Misc Values ( I think MI#9, if your post has it )