586,377 active members*
2,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > okuma 609 bdu alarm
Page 1 of 2 12

okuma 609 bdu alarm

WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TOOL CHANGER, OR CAROSEL, HAS ANY ONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM. WE CANT CLEAR ALARM. 1990 30 VA.

What control do you have ?
    what is the complete alarm # and message ?

Also
    Go to the diagnosis page , is there any messages, ie ??? limit not tripped, orientation or something similar ( this area is good to fault find-sometimes pointing you into the problem direction )

Superman

Thanks for your reply

I checked diag page... blank, original alarm "609 Alarm B BDU ' mg ' ". XYZ move manually jog/rapid. unable to run prog or change tools.

Superman

Sorry forgot control okuma osp500m-g

Sorry, now at home with no access to manuals

Guessing here,
    Alarm B = all stop alarm level rating, servos, hydraulics etc OFF, control stays ON
    BDU = not really sure
    ' mg ' = magazine area

Is the machine outside of the soft limits ? ( check books on how to bring back inside--handwheel only with overtravel release held ON- jogging buttons may not work )

Can the spindle start, stop, orientate ?
    Is rapid over-ride set to zero ? ( M6 forces an XYZ move to a toolchange position, and times out waiting for it to move )
    Is there an empty pot to put the tool away ?
    Is the toolchanger cycle count back to #1 ?
    ( in manual mode, forward or back step, cycle return )

Sometimes a shot-pin that locates the carousel for toolchanging may jamb, this is enough to stop the machine, but diagnostics should report that a "LS ### is not completed" or similar

Look at the diagnostic page when you reset the control, step thru the toolchange cycle, momentary messages at each step should flash on screen

This alarm is pointing to the fact that there is an error with the Brushless Drive Unit driving the magazine.
    Can not help with more information without reading the exact alarm in one of our manuals... 2 days time, if I remember to look
    Mind you we do not have the OSP500M control, OSP5020M is the closest.
    Brian.

Thanks

Thank's superman and bropy

We're gonna have a techie come in. its looking like something with a board as opposed to mechanical. i'll post after its fixed to let you know what it was.

It's been a while but we just got the new board in.

However the tool still doesnt change but the drum rotates..

We found out we need to clear the active tool (#2) but the books dont really say how.

We do have our tech calling back hopefully soon.

When the board blew i was running tool 2 basic prog. no tool changes M00 thru m2...any idea's are greatly appreciated.

thanks Brian
    Mars mfg

However the tool still doesnt change but the drum rotates..
    check ATC sequence number and sequence counter. Must be somewhere in "mc system parameters word"

I can change the active atc number to any tool except 0 should that number reset to zero..any idea's

I can change the active atc number to any tool except 0 should that number reset to zero..any idea's
    "ATC" means automatic tool change. The "zero" tool doesn't means "no tool" for Okuma. If You want to have empty spindle, the command M63.
    If You have empty spindle and You want to tell control, that there is no tool, You need to set "no toool" in "active tool" field of OSP

I'm not sure how to set no tool.

I'm not sure how to set no tool
    which way You try and what happens?
    SET * can work

Should be a screen on the tool data page that will allow you to set the tool number for the tool in the spindle and the tool number for the tool in the "Next" station.
    Use Page Up or Page Down when on the Tool Data page to search for the page.
    Should see a screen that has "Actual Tool"____ and "Next Tool"____ or something like that.
    Move your cursor to the field and "Set" the value of the tool at that position.

BTW... when everyone is talking about M63 and M64 they are referring to the M codes that control the availability of tools to the M6 command.
    M63 tells the machine that when the next M6 command executes, there will be no more tools being used... i.e. the "Next" tool is not assigned. Thus when the M6 occurs the tool in the spindle will be returned to the magazine and you will be left with no tool in the spindle and the next tool pot.
    M64 on the other hand is used to return a pre-staged tool (next tool) back into the magazine, leaving the machine ready to bring another tool to the Next tool pot position.
    Very usefull if you do tool breakage detection. i.e. if the current tool is a drill and the next tool is a tap and the drill is checked and found to be broken, you would not want to bring in the tap...
    Hope that clears that up.

When i hit "set" * i get an input data over flow error 1

What is the machine and what is the control?

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    What is the machine and what is the control?
    already stated as being OSP500M-G you are not reading the previous posts... again...

As for the input data overflow error, this refers to the fact that the control does not know what the input is. Therefore, you need to input a number rather than just the "Last" input value otherwise known as "*".

not reading the previous posts... again...
    Yes yes, mea maxima culpa. I feel guilty now and I promisse You to type control type instead of You next time - You can sit and rest.
    so
    As for the input data overflow error, this refers
    I just checked with OSP5000M
    it's S *
    suppose, You didn't find proper screen. Please, check if cursor is located on "act tool".
    there are two very similar screens on this OSP, easy mistake

Morning everybody... I had tried to set 0...set 00 set 000 and set * All have the same alarm. i believe im on the right page only because i can change active tool to other tools just not zero

Page 1 of 2 12