586,796 active members*
4,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > MV-45/40 tool change arm out of position
Page 2 of 2 12
    First we need to know what control is on your Machine. Mori Seiki built these machines with several different controllers. Sound like you have a Yasnac MX2 but i could be wrong. Also we need to know if your machine has the motor/cambox type ATC or if it has the hydraulic actuated rack. I believe since your machine is asking for a step cycle, it must be the hydraulic actuated rack. Thje old rack tool changers are a little bit of a pain to fix when they jump a tooth. Especially if you have never worked on it before. I'll see if I have a procedure to help you but first, I need to know the control type.

POWER OFF AT ATC CYCLE OR STEP

Hello Thank you for your reply, well my machine is a Mori Seiki MV 45/40 Yasnac MX1, the machine was working and it was the energy when he returned, the energy arm ATC was out of position. Turn on the machine and presented the problem POWER OFF AT ATC CYCLE OR STEP and the operator display the instruction is LSK enabled the Leds ER3 turned on. We have now returned the arm ATC to its original position and we cannot reset the alarm and do not permit us to make some movement with commands we have more than a week with this problem, please help to restore this condition

same ol' ball and chain

hello all,

were you able to fix the tool change problem?

I have similar problems with a MV-35 w/Fanuc 6m. I was able to realign the tool arm and manually cycle it (depressing the spool valves manually) but it won't allow me to MDI through m80-89. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Any idea?

I tried again today, homing all axes first, and then enabling m80-89 by setting parameter 3001. But after I flipped the switch to disable parameter write and rebooted the control, z axis is now disabled (won't move Z+ or - using any manual mode, and won't turn with M and S through MDI). Did it overtravel? Is there an interlock release to get it moving again?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

If you hae a cam style ATC, One of the limit switches on the arm change cam is not closed, causing the z axis to be disabled. Or the cam is out of position, leaving the same limit switch open. There is an adjustable sector gear at the top of the arm that controls the primary arm alignment that may be the source of the alignment problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-cnc View Post
    hello all,

were you able to fix the tool change problem?

I have similar problems with a MV-35 w/Fanuc 6m. I was able to realign the tool arm and manually cycle it (depressing the spool valves manually) but it won't allow me to MDI through m80-89. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Any idea?

I tried again today, homing all axes first, and then enabling m80-89 by setting parameter 3001. But after I flipped the switch to disable parameter write and rebooted the control, z axis is now disabled (won't move Z+ or - using any manual mode, and won't turn with M and S through MDI). Did it overtravel? Is there an interlock release to get it moving again?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mv35 should be a hydraulic atc with the 60 and 120 deg racks. One of your racks is not at home position. This can be a real pia to do.

So It turns out...

I went through m31 then the manual toolchange, I hit the limit one way on the rotation, that made it jump a tooth on the pinion gear. The solution was to manually do the change movements with the solenoids, crash it in the other direction and it jumped the tooth the other way. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but it works. It is still a little out of alignment, but makes toolchanges. :banana::banana:

Just want to add my 2 cents; years ago I worked for a Mori dealer, and had to contend with ATC jams on a regular basis. The early Mori's had 2 types of tool changers, the MV Junior and MV 40 had a small AC motor that drove the ATC (this is the one with the main arm held on the shaft with locking rings and once the screws were loose, you did need to "shock" the main arm loose from the shaft), the MV35, MV45, etc. had a hydraulically driven ATC, NO MOTOR OF ANY KIND. and the main arm is "splined" to the shaft (no adjustment there). There is a different proceedure for each type. I wish I still had my notes so I could walk you through the proceedure, but I do not. I do remember that the lockpin (and nut) at the top of the vertical shaft must be removed (there is a small sheet metal box on the top of the tool changer guard very close to the spindle head, which covers this pin), and the solenoids manually activated to get the ATC arm aligned) Check with your Mori dealer for the correct proceedure to restore your type of ATC.

ATC fixed...sorta

As it turns out, the lower proximity switch for the arm down position was faulty (stuck in the on position). Once it was replaced, it successfully changed tools manually actuating each spool valve, in M31 using M19 & M80-M89, with M06 in MDI, and using the ATC button in manual operation.

Unfortunately, the tool changer will not index tools...in MDI or in a program call. It will manually index using the pot selector switch and button in manual mode.

I input two digit tool numbers in Parameters 4000-4020, do they need to be 4 digits?

Thanks to all of your professional advice and experience I've got this far. But Being this close to the project, I'm feeling a bit cross-eyed staring at all the zeros and ones in parameters and diagnostics.

Any ideas?

Hi Juan Jose, I am having the exact same problem with the exact same mori seiki model. Could you please tell me whether you solved this issue and how you did it? Initially I had two alarms: POWER OFF AT ATC CYCLE OR STEP and NOT ATC AT HOME POSITION. After I set diagnostic 7506 to 0000 (it was 6400 before I reset it) the first alarm disappeared, however the second one (NOT ATC AT HOME POSITION) is still on. I see that you already returned the arm ATC to its original position, could you please walk me through this procedure? I would really appreciate it, we already spent a couple of weeks trying to fix it (due to the holidays technical support is not available). Saludos,

Hello Felix. I did get the MV35 working. I do not have manuals or documentation at the moment but I will tell you what I've committed to memory. Remember, by no means do I claim to be a certified repairman, just a guy who finds his way in and out of the frying pan and fire on occasion. The following instructions is what I remember:

1. With the machine off, open the controller side cabinet door and flip the toggle switch to "enable".
    2. Power up and home the z axis. If you are unable, you might need to MDI into and out of maintenance mode (M31, M32) to get to move.
    3. Once Z is home, complete the ATC cycle by activating the spool valves manually with a small hex wrench or screwdriver. I have found more reliable success if the ATC is cycled twice so that it is completed from the beginning of the ATC cycle to end, which is pot down, rotate arm 75 degrees CW/CCW, arm down, rotate arm 180 degrees CW/CCW, arm up, rotate arm 75 degrees CW/CCW, pot up.
    4. Then while in maintenance mode and MDI, attempt a tool call (TXX) and tool change (M06). If it works, obviously it's fixed and you're ready to ROCK. If not, you will need to check for errors in PC Parameters (250, I think) and check for any mismatched ATC PC Parameters (3000-3011), or tool registration issues (4000-4030). Remember to flip the toggle switch back to "disable" when you're done.

Buenas suerte.

Page 2 of 2 12