Hi everyone,

Last weekend I've decided to build my own router since I couldn't find one that fit within my budget and/or was not rigid enough.

I want to build something heavy duty that is gonna last and can cut aluminum almost like a knee mill and hardwood as fast as possible. Was looking at Techno and Blurry customs but they don't look very rigid.

Specs are 24 x 48 x 7 and will also have a 4th rotary axis.
3hp spindle with VFD, AC servo. All quality parts!

Objective is to get a turnkey machine under $8K CAD and have it built by the end of october. I'll put all the purchases on this forum to let you know how deep in the red my bank account will look like and see how my project progresses until the deadline fixed!

I have already made some purchase on ebay and received it today.

Z axis :LINEAR BEARING,THK HSR20, BALLSCREW, BTK2005A
X axis: 2 rails/4 blocks THK HSR25 H, LINEAR BERING, LM GUIDE,37",940mm
Y axis: 2 rails/4 blocks NSK LINEAR BEARING LS30/LM GUIDE
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10029-tile.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	88580

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSK-LS-30BD.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	88581

Near new items, items were packaged with extreme care and all this for 1418.31$ CAD!! Next week, will get quote on the 2 ballscrews missing and work on the design of the router.

Need some input from this forum
I will have a work area of 24 x 48, what are the minimum dimensions that the table need to be to allow proper part fixing? Further I plan to have vacuum table but don't think I will able to make it fit in the budget.

Also, i am planning of buying ac servo with drive, was thinking of 400w servo with 1.3N/M rated torque mounted on ballscrew with a ratio of 1:2. What this forum thinks about that, is enough, should I consider bigger?

Thanks
petecul