586,383 active members*
3,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i-TB Unlock hidden parameter

Fanuc 18i-TB Unlock hidden parameter

Hi all,

We got few Autolathe machines of Fanuc 18i-TB controller. Due to tight tolerance, our machines cannot achieve the accuracy we wanted. We performed the laser calibration on the X-axis but when we want to change the Pitch Error Parameter of the machine, we cannot find that particular function.

Normally, when we press buttons "Offset/Setting", "System", then "Right Screen" keys, we can see the function "Pitch" available at the bottom of screen. But however, for all our Autolathe we cannot see the "Pitch" function soft key. Anyone can help and unlock this function/parameter for us? For your info, we already unlocak the PWE to 1 prior to the above steps.

Thanks.

Regards
    Kelvin
    Local Precision Manufacturing.

Your pitch parameters are not located under the "settings" it is located under the "service".

You have to go to the "settings" as you stated to change the PWE bit but then have to go to the "service" to reach the pitch parameters.

Stevo

Re

Hi Stevo,

Thanks for the info...

I am not sure how to locate the "service" function. Is it the softkey at bottom row? Is it still pressing the button "offset/setting", "system" then it shown the "service" softkey?

Rgds

My bad I apologize it is not the “service” key on the 18’s, it is on my 15’s . It is the “system” hard key then press “parameter” softkey. This will be your system parameters that you should be able to just type the parameter number for the pitch and then press the “NO.search” softkey. I believe that you can also get the pitch by “system” overarrow then “pitch” softkey.

Stevo