586,409 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Is anyone still using a Dynapath System 10 control? I have parts!

Is anyone still using a Dynapath System 10 control? I have parts!

Hello!

I have recently removed the old Dynapath System 10 control from my Tree Journeyman 330. At some point, I plan to retrofit the machine with newer drives and run Mach3. I have no idea how soon that will happen, but the old parts are all removed and need to be on their way. I was hoping I could find someone out there that might need some to get their machine up and running. I have the entire control, display, etc... The power supply from the control is probably no good (the original reason the control went down). However, certain parts of it might be alright.

Anyway, if you can use these parts, just let me know. I talked with the folks at Parts & Smarts, and they wanted between $500 and $800 just to repair the POS power supply. Of course, they also told me that they would buy the entire control from me for $300. Another guy wanted $1500 for a used power supply. The way that people exploit these ancient controls absolutely disgusts me. In my opinion, it's just one more reason that our manufacturing industry is in the toilet. Those parts are collecting dust, yet the people that have them would rather let them sit for eternity instead of making them affordable so people can go back to being PRODUCTIVE.

Enough ranting. I am just hoping that I can find someone that needs parts for their old Tree. Like I said, I have the control pulled out. The spindle drive and servo drives are available, too. If you need these things, you can have them for the cost of shipping. I live in Albuquerque, so I highly doubt that anyone will be able to stop by and pick them up. However, I am planning to drive to Michigan later this summer. I might be making a trip through Texas, as well. I'd much rather have these parts go to someone that can USE them instead of someone that just wants to make easy profit (for doing virtually nothing). I don't really want to throw them in the garbage if people can use them. Let me know if I can help you.

SEth
    ions82 at hot mail dot com

if the servo drives are still available, please send me a PM, i'll be happy to pay you for the cost of shipping.

I wanted to quote your whole rant - I friggin' agree, those bozos are ruining the industry. and missing the boat. ...With that said I sold my old controls for $900 and bought new ones for much less...
    Of coarse maybe people in machine shops that are making money will pay those prices for getting back online but I won't...I mean I can't and if I could I wouldn't...

its a paradox though. people giving up on their old cnc systems (because there junk or too expensive to fix) is what drives the cost of the old cnc iron down to begin with. i'm kinda thankful for the inflated repair prices because if it weren't for them, i'd be turning the handles of a benchtop mill from harbor freight as opposed to running my CNC.

for what its worth, Parts and Smarts is a good shop. they actually fix things as opposed to just reselling things and I have respect for that. i've called many times to ask questions about the control (sometimes on saturdays) and they've always been patient or called me back right away.

Old parts prices

First let me say that old controls NEED to go away. The components for half the 80's stuff is not even available anymore. Second, that system was a low end control from a company that has been in and out of the market for years. I love the Dynapaths, don't get me wrong there. The repair company's such as Parts and Smarts (very good IMO) put a lot of time in repairing the old stuff. They have to make money on parts to stay in business. That's the way it works. I get so sick of Cheap Charlies complaining all the time that it costs XXX to fix there machine that THEY ARE MAKING MONEY WITH. You expect the people who will actually support the old stuff to not make a profit ?

Btw if you think dynapath stuff is expensive-don't get a Hurco !

Rant over.