586,796 active members*
5,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X4+ probe or tool depth gauge wiring connections

Syil X4+ probe or tool depth gauge wiring connections

Anyone know the proper wiring to connect a probe or tool touch off plate for the Syil X4+?

I was told to use the connections for the A axis home switch for the probes. I haven't pulled the back cover off the mill yet, but hopefully the interface board matches the pics in the manual. If so, then each home switch has 3 possible connections: VCC - S - GND.

So what are my connections going to be?

Do I need to add a resistor to the loop to protect the circuit?

Thanks Guys

No need for pullup resistor.

Input 4 next to E-Stop, I believe.
    Your probe connects to Pin S.
    Your probe gets connected to ground on the machine, when required.
    The input is already protected against spikes. No capacitor required. It is on the PCB already as is a 2K pullup resistor.

Naturally the config file needs to reflect this input in the setup screens.
    It will probably need to be active low.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I thought it should already be protected since it's used for a homing switch input. But it's nice to have a confirmation on it.

Right about now I'm thinking your idea for a piano hing on that back cover sounds pretty good.

Thanks Neil

Don't ASSume anything.

Don't assume (aka think) anything.
    It makes an ASS out of U and ME. I measured it.
    Thanks! It is better that you become (un)hinged. Keeps sanity too, and less broken wires.
    Make sure you cover up the works so no swarf gets in.
    Good time to add a power socket for a lamp and pump. Make sure plastic housing sockets use - like amphenol type etc. intended for high voltage.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

That was easy....

Ran a wire for the probe and installed the new screenset from Hoss, work just fine.

The piano hing works great.

The one pic shows the hing, the other shows the place to connect the probe on the interface board (connects to the "S" pin of the A-HOME block).

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0074t.jpg   DSCN0069t2.jpg  

RE: Syil X4 (2010)
    Am another who does not know anything about electrical. Also; my wiring schematic and cabinet component schematics are not correct (components have been moved to different locations, wiring is a harness enclosed with a cover).

I would like to add a Z height setter to the machine, but staid away b/c of the lack of knowledge. I have plans to leave the machine as 3 axis (not adding the 4th). With this added picture from Mac Tech, I'm back inspired; so:
    1 Red wire attaches to the [S] terminal of the A axis
    2 Black wire attaches to somewhere on the machine (probably the X Slide? (or) can the ground from the A axis be used?)
    3 Some changes are required in Mach3's config (unknown, can someone fill in this blank)

And that is it; Y/N?

Can the Mach3 [Offsets] tab be used, or do I need to download a different tool set-up screen set? Am looking at, but have not purchased; CNC Woodworker's 2010 screen set...

Regards,
    Ken Miller
    Fun Dimensional, Inc
    Leander, TX