586,913 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chiron tool holders and manuals.

Hi,

We recently aquired an used Chiron FZ12 S vertical machininga center, it came with no tool holders and manuals, this is the first Chiron we have and the tool change system is new to us, so we guess that it uses some special tool holder.

Could you please let me know the tool holder and pull stud used in this machine ?? Also if you have the manuals (not fanuc) for this machine and you are in the chance to share or sale I will be glad to have them.

Thank you.

GP.

Hi
    I think you might be in trouble.If it uses the short 30 taper holders with a bearing fitted to them you will have to search around for them.They were made by PCM but they stopped making them years ago.I know a couple of people in the UK who had some of these for sale but it would cost a fair bit to get them to Mexico.There again the machine is not much use without them.
    Mark.

Mark:

Yes, It's been hard to find them, even Chiron does not reply to me with a quote. Is it possible to get the information from this companies that sells this holders to ask them for a quote??

Thank you.

Greg.

chiron tooling

I know where a FZ12 W is that is getting scraped out. They have the manuals and tooling for it. It also has a rebuilt spindle. Think they wanted 2,500 for the whole thing. It needs the spindle put back in and probably parameters. It's in northern CA.

Thanks, they probalby will sell the toolholders and manuals, could you let me know who this is to make contact and see if they are able to help me???

Greg.

Chiron

I will contact the owner of the machine and post in classifieds if available still.

I thought these used the HSK tooling. The one I worked on many years back did have the HSK tools. What does your drawbar mechanism look like, does it clamp from the exterior like a typical CAT retention knob system or does it clamp from the inside.

I can not see very well the clamping system, but it looks like it has 4 balls inside to clamp the tool, first time I see this system.

GP.

Not HSK

No, not HSK. Has retention knobs. Not a std holder, they were either 30 or 40 taper with a roller bearing pressed on to the outside of the holder. Chiron only holder. VERY hard to get now.

I think this is a SK30 holder, this is the one that uses the bearing on the outside, the pull stud is still a mistery...

GP.

Try Chiron america.com I was able to get manuals for my FZ12w. They were e-mailed to me in adobe format. As far as holders, good luck I have not been able to find any.

Hope this helps.
    Claude

I found the holders, in case someone need them, they are manufactured by PARLEC in USA, they have all sizes and types, prices are about 350.00 usd.

Greg.

also look in to mari tool i buy holders from them all the time

chiron manuals

Will someone share operating and maintenance manual of chiron FZ12W?

Quote Originally Posted by cs_sas View Post
    Try Chiron america.com I was able to get manuals for my FZ12w. They were e-mailed to me in adobe format. As far as holders, good luck I have not been able to find any.

Hope this helps.
    Claude
    will you please share chiron manuals
    my mail id is [email protected]

Re: Chiron tool holders and manuals.

Hello!
    We've got the same problem. No tool holder (and pull stud) for our Chiron FZ12S. Does anyone know what kind of tool holder is used in this machine?
    I put the SK40 taper into the spindle and it seems to me it fits well. I also used pull stud from other Chiron (where works fine) but tool does not clamp.

Thank You in advance.

Re: Chiron tool holders and manuals.

I have a 1992 FZ12ws. I also have about 30 holders of various sizes and all the manuals. It use to work fine with the existing controller but the battery died so needs reloaded. I was going to retrofit it but don't have the time or space to bother. Anyone interested? You would have to arrange shipping and pick up from Central Oregon.