586,409 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Wiring a C11g Board and Gecko 203v for lathe

Wiring a C11g Board and Gecko 203v for lathe

I am retrofitting a lath with a C11g Board from cnc4pc and 2 Gecko 203v drives. The motors are Centronic y200 3424 a8 8 wire steppers. The power supplies are 70vdc IMS. I have attatched the manuals for the motors, drivers, power supplies and the C11g Board. I have also attatched a wiring diagram i drew up. Could someone please review it and let me know what im missing, or what is not correct.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

Quote Originally Posted by adbradley View Post
    I am retrofitting a lath with a C11g Board from cnc4pc and 2 Gecko 203v drives. The motors are Centronic y200 3424 a8 8 wire steppers. The power supplies are 70vdc IMS. I have attatched the manuals for the motors, drivers, power supplies and the C11g Board. I have also attatched a wiring diagram i drew up. Could someone please review it and let me know what im missing, or what is not correct.
    hi adbradley
    I recently bought a same lathe as your and because it was at a good price the electronic is not working properly. I'm presently using Gecko drive for my cnc router and I was wondering if I could use your design to installed on me lathe. I know your still building but this is the way I want to go.
    thanks for your time
    Maurice

Maurice

Thats awesome, always like to hear of another orac use out there. Here is a pic of my component mounting board that i built for my orac. Please e-mail me at [email protected] i have lots of information, drawings, and diagrams to share.

Adam

PS. if anyone sees anything thats horrably wrong in this picture, please reply!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANEL.jpg  

Hi Adam;
    I'm stripping most of the electrical in the lathe .Is there any of the power supply I should keep. or it won't work with the knew set-up. I don't see any in your picture.
    Maurice

It depends on what power supply your orac came with, there were 2 designs, can you post a picture of the one you have?

Adam

Hi Adam;
    since I wrote you I found more thread were I see MikeMill has shown you picture of his set-up. I have the same as his mine right now is set-up for 220 single phase but I have most of the stuff out of the machine. It has a couple of large capacitors, a toridial (round) transformer on top of transformer diode rectifiers.
    I see he also used Gecko system. Whatever info you can get let me know
    thanks
    Maurice

Sounds like you have the power supply that is useable. You should contact him and get more info on his setup. As i stated before, my power supply was not the same, so i had to purchase a new one.

Hi ad. The motor specs cover several motors. What size motors are you using?

CR.