586,459 active members*
3,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bed Mill with Bridgeport type head

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this post, but i'll start here. I just picked up a Bed Mill with a bridgeport type head on it the only markings ar on the head and either say RBI or RB1. I am looking for anyone who can help me out with this mill It didn't come with any documentation If anybody has a manual or knows where i can get one for this or just any help with it would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't pass it up for $600.00 it has a one shot lube system, Limit switches, Variable speed head, Coolant system, Kwik switch 200 Spindle and many other pluses over the machine i am currently using, ("round column Mill/Drill from Harbor freight"), All the wiring is not connected so any helkp getting this wired up is needed. I am planning to retrofit this with a set of ballscrews and connect my current CNC control system from my other machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5610.jpg   100_5611 - Copy.jpg  

RB-1 Rigid Bed Mill

Greetings,
    The machine you have there is Siber-Hegner RB-1. We have one also here at our shop. One thing we always marveled at was how quiet the head was. We originally bought it for a special purpose and installed a ball screw and analogue DC drive with limit switches and speed controls on the Y axis. I have the original manual that came with the machine. I have included a scan of the first page. I hope you can read it okay. You contact the company that imported them if they are still in business and see if they will send you a manual. If they are not or if they won't send you one PM me and I will see about copying ours and forwarding it on to you. Please try them first though as the manual is a lot of pages and many of them are foldouts so it would be a bit of time involved.
    Good luck,
    Gary
    Siber-Hegner Inc./Machine Tool Division
    22 E. Kennedy St. Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 342-7509
    PS This is many years old-hope it is still good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CCF08112009_00000.jpg  

I got the machine from a third party company they do not have the manual that goes with it nor do they have any info about this mill. I tried calling the number that was on the broshure and on your post but the number is no longer in service. If you could scan and email me a copy of this manual i would appreciate it thank you for your help?

Native34
    I can do that although it may take a few days to send all. First I need an e-mail
    address and then I will send a couple of pages to see if they come out ok. If you want
    I will send the electrical schematics first so you can get the machine running. As you probably already know the electrics are on a panel inside the back of the column.
    Let me know.
    Gary

Re: RB-1 Rigid Bed Mill

Hello,
    Same story here. Acquired one of these mills (Siber-Hegner RB-1) in very good condition and was wondering if you still had a copy of the documentation (manual) that I could have reproduced?
    I would willing to pick any/all expenses involved in getting copies made as well as your time/efforts.
    If you have since sold the machine or the manual, mind letting me know to whom so I may try and make this request from them as well.

Thank you in advance,
    46Bobber