586,106 active members*
3,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DOOSAN MYNX 540 MCAM 9 DNC

I brought a daewoo doosan mynx 540 with fanuc 21i_mb control into the workshop last week and cannot seem to send from pc to the control from mcam 9 through a rs232c interface. I have no trouble comunicating with two eagle vmcs and an awea bridge mill with 0M and 18m controls. Ive tried setting all the parameters as per the manual, and listings for parameters (on machine and pc) from websites (http://www.aggsoft.com/cnc-dnc/fanuc-21m.htm and other similar) but still cant seem to comunicate with the machine. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, there is a Kitagawa fourth axis on the machine and i would like to remove it. is it a sinple job of removing the axis and disconnecting the cables and do i need to alter a parameter so the machine becomes a 3 axis machine. if so, i would appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks for any help in advance

Ian

What happens when you try and send or receive? Alarms? Is your Settings - I/O Channel set to 0?

The i/o channel is set to 0. When I try to read a file, I get the LSK flashing at the bottom of the screen and error 086 communications error, on the alarm page. Ive tried different configurations for the cable too and have moved the pc out of the office to the machines bench so I could use a 1metre length but still reports the same errors. ??*#*??

According to my 21i manual, 086 is DR SIGNAL OFF, not COMMUNICATIONS ERROR. This can mean a couple of things, but it usually means that pins 6, 8, and 20 aren't jumpered on the CNC end.

Can you send from the machine to the PC, or do you get the same error?

Is the 4th axis a full 4th or does it have it's own controller plugged into the RS-232 port?

That alarm happens when you try to comunicate with no cable connected, there could be a problem with the cable or the computer. But, if you are using this cable and computer in your other machines without problem then they are ok.

Can you confirm that?

GP.

Quote Originally Posted by GPena View Post
    That alarm happens when you try to comunicate with no cable connected, there could be a problem with the cable or the computer. But, if you are using this cable and computer in your other machines without problem then they are ok.

Can you confirm that?

GP.
    make sure the cable is good and properly connected to JD5A on the control...

try channel 1 on para 20

if that doesnt work you might have a bad mainboard.. might wanna call fanuc to see what they say...

also y are you using rs232 when you have a memory card slot in the front..

Trouble seems to be with mastercam comm settings. Ive had success sending from i-logic dnc software so the machine is now producing and my boss is happy. I'm still not convinced it is 100% correct though but at least i've got time to refine everthing now.

We use the rs232 link as all nc programs for all machines are centralised to one pc in the cad office and sent to whichever cnc on the shop floor from there.
    WE're looking at using the memory slot on the front panel too as a backup but only on the doosan as the other older machines dont have the mem card slot. Is the SANDISK COMPACT FLASH PC ADAPTER (from amazon) suitable??

C axis has been removed sucessfully

thanks for the interest and the help.