586,444 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Cutter/Engraver

I've been looking at the commercial laser engravers (universal / epilog), and they want way too much money for what they give you imo.

35 Watt CO2 with a 12" x 24" cutting area - $14,000 USD

I'm looking at asian imports now...
    For around $8500 + freight and any custom fees you can get 60 Watt CO2 laser engraver with a 36" x 24" cutting area, weights about 400 pounds and is 220VAC.

I'm wondering now if it would be better to grab an import or just build one of equal features?

Jim...

Hi I have a Universal laser 25 watt 24" x 18" laser with blower and filter box
    for $7000.00
    Joe

Joe,

I'm in NH and I'm interested in your laser. I could pick it up (save hassles of shipping).

Al

Anyone well versed in etching in Glass and Marble? Continually having problems with with over exposure when doing photographs. Don't know if it's file prep, lense or setting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by danr50 View Post
    Anyone well versed in etching in Glass and Marble? Continually having problems with with over exposure when doing photographs. Don't know if it's file prep, lense or setting issue.
    Are you covering your piece with a sheet of wet newspaper?

No, I read a reference to that last night but have never tried it. Would this be for Glass, Marble and Granite?

I think for marble and granite for sure - Glass I am not sure.

Well, I have some playing to do tonight. The moisture must help reduce the surrounding area surface temperature. Hope it helps, we've been really disappointed to date so any improvement will help

Thanks and I'll let you know.

Laser engraving glass, granite, marble and slate

Hi, We 'CTRfurture' have been engraving all the products listed in the title without resorting to wet paper, or anything else for that matter!
    We distribute and sell the Redsail lasers in Europe, and have a demonstration area dedicated to the laser products. The small M500 and RS3040A machines will handle these materials just as effectively as the larger machines we sell.
    The quality of stone is the issue, especially with granite. The smaller the grain structure, the better the results. Especially true for picture engraving.
    'Chinese Black' is a common name for a good fine black granite. Look out for it, but expect it to come under a host of different names, depending on the importers.

We offer our customers the service of running a sample image to determine settings as a guide for them to use on a particular material.
    We can not vouch for any other laser manufacturers products, but should be able to guide you in the right direction if you would like to send us a file, and tell us the material you want to use.
    Before you send a file please note that we claim the right to possibly use the finished result in our display area/advertising material. The image file will not be supplied to any 3rd party or used for any other commercial purpose. If you do not agree, please do not send an image. Also, by sending us an image, you claim to have the rights to that image, and take full responsibility for any infringement of copyright by virtue of us using that image.
    The email to use is [email protected]
    Our laser web site is http://www.ctrlasers.co.uk
    Wishing you good results. Neil

Neil, thanks for the response and offer and sorry for the delay. Been off to China and a poor web connection. I'll put together a problem file and get it off to you this week. Will be a load off if I can get this problem addressed.

Regards,

Danr

hxlaser.com has opened US office in Dallas Texas, I am the guy who in charge of sales here in US, we have some demo video available in our US mirror site www.rabbitlaser.com/DemoVideo, that mgiht help you to get more information before you make decision

Will post my experience here

Well Folks,

I have plunked down that hard earned American Dollar on the HX-6090SE laser from HXLaser (CHINA) and Frank Fang in Texas. I'll post my experience here for the world to see. If the laser does what I need AND as it was advertised then Frank could be busy OR if not Frank could be busy but in an unprofitable way.

I will say that to this point Frank at EthanFang in Plano, Texas has been very helpful and I hope the transaction goes well. Like I said I'll post the experience and let everyone learn along.

Pete
    AKA Pedroman

Current Status on Rabbit Laser

Well to let everyone know my laser status I have the transport documents from Frank and the laser should be in the Windy city around May 7 for pickup. I ship materials from China about twice a year for another business and they are using the same APL transport ships we use so I at least feel some comfort there. My shipments are always full ISO 40ft containers so having a single box is the only real concern for damage. I'm interested in how many fingers this has actually touched as there is a slight delay in communication reaching me. I think Frank is at the end of the chain for Jinan King Rabbit who is the exporter of record. My opinion so far after chatting with another couple of users is that once the obstacle of setup and tweaking the software to get maximum performance from the laser is that this SHOULD be a fairly straight forward deal. Certainly not as turnkey as a US product but it does not sound like the horror stories others have experienced.

I am very happy with the communication from Frank and true to his word he has been "spot on" so far. I believe that if my experience holds up he will become more busy and I hope prosperous for his efforts. I'll let everyone know the next page when I pick it up in Chicago.

Pete
    AKA Pedroman:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by pedroman View Post
    I am very happy with the communication from Frank and true to his word he has been "spot on" so far. I believe that if my experience holds up he will become more busy and I hope prosperous for his efforts. I'll let everyone know the next page when I pick it up in Chicago.

Pete
    AKA Pedroman:cheers:
    Hi Pete,

I know this thread is old but I am thinking of getting the same machine. How did it work out for you. Are you still using it?

Alan
    Many articles about hacking gadgets. Examples of extreme technology. DIY projects describing how to build electronic projects. http://hackedgadgets.com

Chinese Laser

You might try Ray Scott of Scottware.net. I bought the RL40-6040 from him, and I'm pleased.

Frank

do any one have the cnc laser cutting machine case study or project

Hi Frank

I see you bought a machine from Scottware.net, now they change their name to RabbitlaserUsa, machine still working ok ?? I saw your posting and I intend to talk to them on monday.
    George

do any one have the cnc laser cutting machine case study or project
    Bart's website is quite large now but this may be a good place to start buildlog.net • View topic - Buildlog.net Open Source Laser

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.