586,780 active members*
9,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 5 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast01 View Post
    I don't believe you can buy a new from anyone but Shoptask/Shopmaster. They show up used every now and then, but I haven't seen them too often Although, I haven't looked either.
    Check with JT at Shopmaster- he gets trade-in machines every now and then.
    Also check on E-Bay, you see one there every once in a while.

ShopMaster Patriot

I don't know if anyone would be interested but i have a 2008 Patriot, that I'm considering selling... I don't really want to but my list of "Honey-do's" are stacking up & after an injury everything got "moth-balled". Nowadays my ankle is better (that's what I injured) but it still swells up by noon. So I'm slowly getting caught up... I have had to learn not to start any new projects.
    I stripped this patriot of all that chinese paint & bondo, aka I bead blasted it. Also magnafluxed all the casts to see if i could find any cracks and then ground the cast parts to smooth everything out, I still had to use a little bondo after I ground everything, but very little. Anyway, I powder coated everything that originally had paint, & kept the same color scheme. All except 2 parts are finished, the millhead belt cover & the front X axis guard cover. Oh and the lathe bed, I painted with automotive paint.
    Oh also I converted it to DC drives with dual controllers.... I still have all the original motors & pulleys though. Anyway it lacks the millhead being finished & the 2 parts that didn't get powder coated & some extra screws here and there.. so with that said, you understand it's not complete but if your looking for a 2nd hand patriot I guess that's what this one is....

If your interested in it you could msg me, I'm in the Little Rock, Arkansas area. I'll try and take some pictures shortly. Oh and don't worry, I bought a 2010 VFD Patriot which I'm putting the limit switches on right now so, yeah I like JT's design and if you wanna compare the 2 models side by side you can...

Wormwood
    Steve

What happened?

Sorry to necro this thread, but I was wondering what the outcome of this predicament is since I am considering a PATRIOT when I get enough saved.

It appears that there's a split decision on whether or not Shopmaster is a decent company or not.

—Chaz

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGolem View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I was wondering what the outcome of this predicament is since I am considering a PATRIOT when I get enough saved.

It appears that there's a split decision on whether or not Shopmaster is a decent company or not.

—Chaz

Golem,
    It's over a year & I still don't have any contempt for Shoptask. Overall, I've been pleased with my 2010 Patriot. The biggest shortcoming with all this is my lack of knowledge & experience. If I did it again, I would have focused more on my tools & not the machine.

Wormwood

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.793863,-92.467020

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood View Post
    Golem,
    It's over a year & I still don't have any contempt for Shoptask. Overall, I've been pleased with my 2010 Patriot. The biggest shortcoming with all this is my lack of knowledge & experience. If I did it again, I would have focused more on my tools & not the machine.

Wormwood

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    Thanks Worm, overall I'm getting the impression that JT is trying real hard to make good with everyone. I'm also glad I still have time to ponder this. The P-VFD is still my weapon of choice (for the moment) though I wish there were someone in the New England area I could visit and see this thing in action. It'd make me feel a whole lot better getting to sit behind the wheel just once.

Would you expand on what you mean with tools vs. machine? Being a novice I just don't want to make any assumptions....

Much appreciated,
    —Chaz

Page 5 of 5 345