586,903 active members*
2,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb User Prompt Help

Hey what’s up I’m a Student AT NSCC in Nova Scotia... I’m taking a CNC class and need some help we have a Fanuc 11M control with a okk 410 mill we want to write a program / macro to prompt us to input a answer. We need the controller to prompt a question (is the pallet in the machine yes /no) then have an if then statement with it to branch to other lines but we can't find out how to get the controller to prompt or if i can even do that...

Any help would be nice Thanks Garett B

We have an 11M on a Toyoda and, as far as I know, it will not prompt a question. If you have user macro B, you can write a macro program to look for the pallet and return an alarm if one is not there. You would have to know which system variables monitor the proximity switches for the pallet and write a statement such as IF [#xxxxEQ#0]GOTO1; Then in line N1 of the program put the alarm statement: N1#3000=100(PALLET MISSING); You will have to do some investigating to see if this will work on an OKK, but I hope this points you in the right direction.