586,493 active members*
2,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How can I lock the spindle on a fanuc 0MD control

How can I lock the spindle on a fanuc 0MD control

I need to get a high speed spindle, is there a way to lock the existing spindle using g-codes to prevent the spindle from rotating?

A M19 tool orientation will stop the spindle from moving. However this is not a “lock”. On some machines you can get the spindle rotating again by some force.

I am not sure if that is what you were asking because you also said you need to get a highspeed spindle????? I am not sure what you are trying to do or what you mean by that????

Stevo

LOCK SPINDLE

TRY CALLING IN MDI APPROX . 50 RPM TO DROP IN LOW GEAR THEN INPUT
    M19.

SOMETIMES THAT WILL WORK

Steveo - I bet he's going to add an electric spindle speeder, and doesn't want the machine spindle to turn while he's got that in the spindle.

if you want to lock spindle you can use G29.6,G70.7 & G71.1. If you want to keep spindle in a rigid mode you can use G70.6 signal ie nothing but spindle orientation.

Reg
    Eswar

Uncle Buck,

We do this on several machines with a high speed air attachement and jig grind a form.

On an older Fanuc OM, we use M19. After the machine has oriented, we attach the air hose. On a newer machine with a fanuc OMD, M19 will not allow us to feed at the same time the spindle is oriented. Instead, we use use M3 S0. Then the spindle holds in one general position and we can feed with the air spindle around the form.

We also have a macro to tweek the cutter comp each pass to move the tool in to the form.

I can forward the programs and macros if this is the type of application you need.

Robert

Re: How can I lock the spindle on a fanuc 0MD control

Quote Originally Posted by eswar.enp View Post
    if you want to lock spindle you can use G29.6,G70.7 & G71.1. If you want to keep spindle in a rigid mode you can use G70.6 signal ie nothing but spindle orientation.

Reg
    Eswar
    Reg,

How do you use G29.6? Is there some way to override the output? Or do you physically cut the wire that goes from the PMC to the CNC?

Thanks,
    Chris