586,318 active members*
3,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile CNC Laser Cutter and Engraver

I am planning to build my second CNC machine using lasers for cutting and engraving. How lasers work and where can I buy the parts of lasers for cutting and engraving? What are the parts of lasers included? Im planning my next CNC build using steel or aluminum profiles as my first CNC were made of MDF wood for wood routing.

Or what if I use my existing CNC table made of mdf wood, can I attach a laser cutter in the spindle area with my mdf CNC? Im thinking of building one because the laser light will aim directly downward not hitting any wooden part with wood as the bottom part is open but probably will need some kind of material at the bottom of my CNC for the laser to hit and hold the material in place. I will use laser to cut plastics, acrylics, glass or mirror engraving. Can you give me your experience in building your laser CNC, your tips hints and tricks, and warnings that I should consider in using lasers?

bump

bump

If you want to use laser in the CNC machine,you just need to add the laser system on the CNC machine. You should set laser tube, motor,control system etc on the machine.The laser system and CNC system use the same bed,but work seperate dont affect each other. Its easy to do that.Any help you need me to offer you, you can write email to me:[email protected].
    We can offer you this kind machine, we are a manufacture in producing laser machine and CNC machine,if you want to buy this kind machine,pls tell me the information as follows:
    1.the working area of the CNC machine you want.
    2.The thickness of the materials you want to cut by laser
    3.The configuration of the machine you want such as the spindle,motor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by guy2b1 View Post
    I am planning to build my second CNC machine using lasers for cutting and engraving. How lasers work and where can I buy the parts of lasers for cutting and engraving? What are the parts of lasers included? Im planning my next CNC build using steel or aluminum profiles as my first CNC were made of MDF wood for wood routing.

Or what if I use my existing CNC table made of mdf wood, can I attach a laser cutter in the spindle area with my mdf CNC? Im thinking of building one because the laser light will aim directly downward not hitting any wooden part with wood as the bottom part is open but probably will need some kind of material at the bottom of my CNC for the laser to hit and hold the material in place. I will use laser to cut plastics, acrylics, glass or mirror engraving. Can you give me your experience in building your laser CNC, your tips hints and tricks, and warnings that I should consider in using lasers?

HI sir,have you bought the right cnc router for your work?does the machine works well?any question about the laser engraving/cutting machine,cnc router,pls feel free to contact me,we are manufacturer of laser engraving/cutting machine,cnc router with CE certificate for many years

Nancy zhang
    Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd
    www.jdengraver.com; Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd.
    M.P:86-18660116005
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Nancy zhang(manufacturer of laser engraving machine cnc router Email: [email protected]

You may want to check out this site. buildlog.net - CNC Laser Buildlogs

He also sells parts for a diy laser.