586,469 active members*
3,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCam Ver 5.52

SprutCam Ver 5.52

I see there is a new version of SC on their web site.... Just thought I would pass the info along.

Robert

Robert -

Thanks for catching that. I am in between SprutCAM projects right now, so I may just download it tomorrow.

Regards,

- Just Gary

Just Gary,

I downloaded it last night but it would not run after installing. It popped up a message box looking for a kernal32.dll an instant after I hit the run button. Did not have time to sort the problem. Maybe tonight I'll try the download again to see if the files were corrupted.

Let me know if you give it a try..... After my last SC adventure I only tried to install it on my backup PC rather than my main working PC... I have another SC project to work on this week so breaking everything is not an option!

Robert

Well, I downloaded the update a second time with the same results. SC is looking for a kernel32.dll file and exits the attempted run with a pop-up error indicating such.

Robert

Robert -

I'm kind of surprised by that, since Kernel32.dll is *the* windows dll. I wonder if they linked this build with Vista or something crazy like that...

You should have Kernel32.dll in your C:\windows\system32 directory. If not, I'm betting that nothing will run on your machine. Just for kicks, copy Kernel32.dll to the directory where SprutCAM is installed (probably C:\Program Files\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM 2007) and try it again.

NOTE: Do not move Kernel32.dll from C:\windows\system32, just copy it (ctrl-C, ctrl-V)!

When I get time, I'll download the new build and try it.

Regards,

- Just Gary

Just Gary,

I tried to copy the kernel32.dll but no luck here..... Everything else is working on my PC so I know it's a SC issue....

I uninstalled the prior version, rebooted, installed new version, rebooted, and error message appears.

I have a knack for breaking things so can't say I am surprised! Please let me know your results......

Thanks,
    Robert

Update:

After several installion attempts on various PC's it appears that ver 5.52 (various build numbers) has a problem when Win2K is the operating system. I have two different Win2K systems on which SC refuses to run and generate the error message listed above. The good news is if you have an XP system two attempts to run on those platforms were successful.

I'll send this info and details to SC this evening.

Robert

Robert -

I still have not gotten around to trying the new version...

I didn't realize that you were using Win2K. Just for kicks, you could try copying the kernel32.dll from an XP machine to the directory where you have SprutCAM installed and see what happens. It could blow Bill's mind in the 2K box, but it might work, and it shouldn't cause permanent damage (at least I think it shouldn't) to the operating system. If you feel like having an adventure you could try it (but you do have a slight chance that you would have to reload Winders). Just a thought...

Regards,

- Just Gary

Hi Just Gary,

That is an interesting thought to ponder about for a bit. I am usually pretty good at crashing PC's big time so will have give it some thought before jumping off the cliff.

I have several PC's, a couple with XP and a couple with Win2K. I tend to do most of my SC stuff on a T43 Thinkpad running XP. However, after having a few issues getting new versions (SC and other programs) to work correctly I am a bit cautious on installing the latest and greatest on the Thinkpad. Especially as I need something working to make parts with. My other laptop is an old Dell Latitude C610 running Win2K and the one I reported the issue with.

After installing and trying to run the latest SC version today I think it will install and run OK if you have XP. I don't have any feeling as to what if any of the bugs may be.

Thanks Again,

Robert